A6 - Demo Failure

Elyon

Hi! I just downloaded the Avernum 6 Demo and can't get anywhere. There's a storeroom where I'm supposed to get a weapon so the door to the outdoors will open. There's only a cabinet in the storeroom, and it contains a healing pod or two and a 2% protection cloak but NO weapon. I've searched the room all over without finding one...what am I missing? I'd like to try this game, I played an earlier version of Avernum several years ago.

Thanks!

Dutchman

Your characters start out equipped with weapons, lousy weapons, but they are weapons.

If you've already gotten to the quest to eliminate Lord Trinket, then the chest with weapons is in the room to the southeast of the audience chamber where you got that quest with some guards eating in the northwest corner of that room.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door.

Are you sure it's Avernum 6 we're talking about? What you're describing sounds more like A5, except that you get potions rather than pods in Avernum. The cabinet in A6 has potions, a shield, and some coins, but no cloak.

In either case, follow mauvebutterfly's instructions to get the weapons. They're not much, but they'll be adequate to the present need.

OMG I am an idiot....it's a demo of Geneforge 5...what was I thinking doh?? LOL Anyhow I'll try the "g" for get sommand and see what happens. Thanks for your patience, I probably don't have any sanity to leave.....but now I'll check out the real deal Avernum 6.

Thanks for the helping hands!

Dutchman

Originally Posted By: Elyon
OMG I am an idiot....it's a demo of Geneforge 5...what was I thinking doh?? LOL Anyhow I'll try the "g" for get sommand and see what happens. Thanks for your patience, I probably don't have any sanity to leave.....but now I'll check out the real deal Avernum 6.
-Facepalm facepalm facepalm-

• 3 weeks later...