A6 - Killing Melachion

ChopChop

When I fought him, I had my melee fighters kill the demons that were spawning, while spamming smite on him. This is pretty much the only fight you should ever use invulnerbality potions on. Dont go to far from him or he'll run up to you to get back in range, at which point he'll start using his fire AoE, which is devastating if you dont have very good fire resistance. I cant remember what wards I used, its been awhile since I last played Avernum 6.

I also believe there was a thread similar to this one awhile back.

He's a pain to kill in a straight up fight (though I'm getting to that point again in my optimized torment game, so I'll probably give it another go).

Your best bet is to exploit your way through him using adrenaline rush and curing elixirs so you can smack him twenty or thirty times before he even gets to respond.

You have been saving your curing elixirs, haven't you?

Charming his guards and followers in the room also helps until his area effect kills them. For some reason the followers usually attack him instead of you.

I usually send one fighter in with invulnerability to keep Melanchion pinned down and use range attacks for everyone else.