A6 - Best Melee Weapons?

Triumph

Aloha!

I know that that price doesn't necessarily correlate to the practical value of items in these games. But I'm having difficulty determining what effects of which items are most useful. As my collection of equipment grows, would any share which items have the most helpful effects? Particularly in terms of melee weapons for my two dual-wielders, but if you have thoughts on other great pieces of equipment, feel free to share.

I've so far found stuff like the Radiant Shortblade, Stunning Blade, Singing Rapier, Nephil Warblade, a Blessed Broadsword, Fine Waveblade, Frozen Blade, and Spectral Falchion.

On the bows, how do Bow of Decay, Shockwave Bow, Blessed Longbow, Farsight Longbow compare?

Basically, I CAN read, and tell when one weapon does more base damage than another, but I'm not sure how important the additional effects of some these weapons. I figure in some cases less base damage is worth it because of other bonuses, I just don't know which ones.

Thanks!

For casters I would put shortswords with bonuses and melee-fighter(s) broadsword (depending on enemy if flame blade, frozen blade or oozing blade or something else), as for bows Decay and Shockwave don't do much damage but Decay helps a bit on killing enemy quicker, Blessed Longbow and Farsight Lb do more damage.

This thread helps a bit: http://www.spiderwebforums.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=212846&page=1

And also Synergy's A6 Items at top of board.

My endgame party (4 members 2 melees and 2 casters) have thse weapons equipped: Radiant Soulblade (Flaming sword and Frozen blade are optionary swords) and Eliavri's bow, Venomous Blade (no optionary sword) and Farsight bow (Yew Lb as optionary bow), Spectral Falchion and Blessed Lb (Shockwave bow as optionary) and Ghostly Blade and Blessed Lb (Bow of Decay as optionary). If you use dualwield (later at game) then you have alot options to equip.

On your main fighter, give the radiant soulblade (obtained as the dragons third reward. close to the end, but still fun to use) and frozen/oozing blade. Use the frozen blade against bosses, and use the oozing blade against everything else. THough, the oozing blade does work well on bosses, too. Overall, the oozing blade is my favorite sword that I get to use the most. For secondary fighter(s), you can use whatever swords you want, really. I never really liked the flaming sword, since it seems that just about everything has a good amount of fire resistance. The venamous blade is pretty good, since it, (due to a bug, I dunno) like the oozing blade, does acid damage and puts acid on foes. (or at least it did last time I checked.) For casters, don't look at damage to decide what to equip. If a caster is up front doing damage, then they usually aren't very effective casters. Give them weapons that give stats, like the discipline blade, or are just little helpful add ons to what your warriors did, like the stunning blade.

For bows, I can't help too much since I rarely used them. I gave the most powerful ones to my casters since they did use them a little more frequently, and the ones I gave to my warriors were to augument their stats.

When I have said this, I'm not sure that people have been getting it. When I say that the venamous blade and the oozing blade do the same thing, I mean that they do the exact same thing. If you look at their descriptions, they both have the ability called oozing blade. If you attack an enemy with them, they will both attack the enemy with acid. THe Venamous blade is supposed to do poison damage, and poison the enemy, but it doesn't. Both swords attack with acid damage and apply acid on the target.

here are the two weapon stats (from the game file):

begindefineitem 77;

it_name = "Oozing Sword";

it_level = 11;(inherited from previously listed weapon)

it_ability = 34; (oozing blade)

it_stats_to_affect 0 = 208; (acid resistance)

it_stats_addition 0 = 10;

it_stats_to_affect 1 = 202; (don't know, if you do, tell Sahdrani so he can update his list)

it_stats_addition 1 = 1;

it_graphic_coloradj = 4;

begindefineitem 88;

it_name = "Venomous Blade";

it_ability = 34; (oozing blade)

it_level = 12;

it_value = 4000;

it_stats_to_affect 0 = 207; (poison resistance)

it_stats_addition 0 = 12;

it_stats_to_affect 1 = 208; (acid resistance)

it_stats_addition 1 = 12;

it_graphic_coloradj = 0;

so from these stats it seems the v. blade has the higher dmg level (more dice), and yes they both use the same acid attack.

Yeah, it would be nice if the Venomous Blade did poison, because then in combination with a pole user with the Jade Halberd (or someone using the Oozing Sword) you'd do poison and acid damage every round. Not that they amount to much damage at that level, but in some of the bigger battles, it could add up.

Originally Posted By: Triumph
On a related note, what does the "Heartstriker" ability on the Heartstriker bow do? I tried looking in the game data and couldn't figure it out.

I asked the same question in the A5 forum, run a search for heartstriker and you should find it among the first posts.

I don't know if the programmer changed it or left it the same, but I'm tending to believe the latter.

Its damage scales better with your stats than any other bow in the game: while regular bows do an extra 1.5 damage per point of Bows and longbows do an extra 2 damage, Heartstriker does an extra 2.5 damage (in A5 and A6). That's why it has its own weapon type. It doesn't have any other special properties.