The Super Serious Census Thread

Dikiyoba

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe that prior to 9/11, the tip off would be taken seriously. I am reminded of Dec 7, 1941, when the U.S. knew an attack was imminent, but never dreamed that it would be directed directly at their home port. Security gets complacent until it the consequences of such complacency are felt.

Knowing an attack is coming is not the same as getting all the details of names, places, and plans. I'd have more faith in that than in my ability to take down a group of men with a gun in a plane. Only being able to save one plane would be a problem. Even that one might be hard, since I think most passengers would go for the nut with a gun.

—Alorael, who agrees that it would be hard to be a convincing source of intelligence. On the other hand, he does think that even pre-9/11 US intelligence would at least put token effort into a suggested major plot with all the major investigative details already covered. The bigger question, of course, is whether Al Qaeda would then pull off a similar attack later given the lack of increased impetus for security. His guess is that solid evidence for a plane-based plot would be enough to kick airport security into shape.

1. What is your name?

Karoka

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live?

New Jersey

4. What is your favorite color?

Green

5. How many phones do you own?

7. Wait, what happened to question six?

Dikiyoba had a senior moment and forgot it.

8. Someone has just loaned you a time machine that can take you to any location on the planet during any time period. Where/when do you go?

2,000,000 years ago to prove that dinosaurs used flip phones.

9. If you were forced to change your PDN to something completely unrelated to its current form and your original username, what would it be?

Teh Epik Squirrel

10. If you could transform at will into any living animal, what animal would it be?

Do lochness monsters count?

11. It's ninja sliths versus pirate nephilim. Who should win?

Ninja sliths because ninjas and reptiles are awesome.

Originally Posted By: The Turtle Moves
Originally Posted By: Karoka

8. Someone has just loaned you a time machine that can take you to any location on the planet during any time period. Where/when do you go?
2,000,000 years ago to prove that dinosaurs used flip phones.

What do they teach them in these schools?

I know. Nobody uses flip phones any more. The dinosaurs will have upgraded like the rest of us.

Originally Posted By: Karoka
Originally Posted By: The Turtle Moves
What do they teach them in these schools?
Everything you need to know to pass the coming test, in which you forget by two weeks or so.
I've just decided to switch our Friday schedule to Monday, which means that the test we take each Friday on what we learned during the week will now take place on Monday before we've learned it. But since today is Tuesday, it doesn't matter in the slightest.