The Super Serious Census Thread

Dikiyoba

1. What is your name?

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live?

4. What is your favorite color?

5. How many phones do you own?

7. Wait, what happened to question six?

8. Someone has just loaned you a time machine that can take you to any location on the planet during any time period. Where/when do you go?

9. If you were forced to change your PDN to something completely unrelated to its current form and your original username, what would it be?

10. If you could transform at will into any living animal, what animal would it be?

11. It's ninja sliths versus pirate nephilim. Who should win?

Fun fact: Dikiyoba has been working on this thread on and off for over three years.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. What is your name?

Jack

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live?

North Carolina

Green

A wizard

8. Someone has just loaned you a time machine that can take you to any location on the planet during any time period. Where/when do you go?

To go talk to my 8th grade self and smack some sense into him.

9. If you were forced to change your PDN to something completely unrelated to its current form and your original username, what would it be?

Nogan

10. If you could transform at will into any living animal, what animal would it be?

Whale

Sliths

12. What's your social security number?

521-43-82XX

1. What is your name?

Ezrah Karotan

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live?

California

Black/Red

Nothing, there never was a number six... -.-

I like this time, maybe the future.

Robert Oppenheimer, Destroyer of Worlds!

Panther >.>

Nephilim, 110% -.-

1. What is your name?

Dylan.

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live?

Ohio.

Green, because grey is not a color.

7 8. . . 6?

I look around until I find the end of humanity.

Land of Skim Milk and Honey.

A birdy.

Ninja Sliths.

1. What is your name?

Dikiyoba.

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live?

I migrate between Oregon and Arizona.

Orange.

One cell phone, and even that's one too many most of the time.

It got promoted to a better census thread.

Back far enough to meet some dinosaurs, duh.

I would probably use a fantasy name generator to come up with something that sounded good.

I wouldn't mind being able to soar like a tropicbird.

Pirate nephilim.

Dikiyoba.

1. What is your name?

Taylor

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live?

Oregon, now moving to Arizona

Green+Red (Actually, im color-blind)

One, but I have no idea where it is

The pirate nephilim stole it

Back in time to when the time machine was completed, kill whoever made it, and sell it

(\(\(\(\;;/)/)/)/)

A GIFTS

Ninja's poison pirates, pirates blow up ninjas. Everybody wins!

1. Niemand

2. 22

3. Wisconsin at the moment. I may soon move the not-particularly-stellar state of Illinois.

4. Green, preferably fairly dark.

5. One cheap landline phone and two identical cheap cell phones. Unfortunately, I only have one battery for the cell phones, so I just use the newer one, which was literally purchased for the battery it contains.

7. Philosophers have debated this question for literally thousands of years. The classical answer is that question 6 ceased to exist because it possessed insufficient will, or drive, to continue. More recently, new viewpoints on the problem have emerged, and I tend to side with the argument made by clinics (attributed to Elberward P. Branwait, specifically), that question 6 does in fact exist, but that it's mechanism for doing so is nonexistence. This leads naturally to a theory which extremely elegantly encompasses all states of existence and nonexistence by showing how each is constructed from the other.

8. To a period where I can learn the techniques to build more time machines, of course. If such a time period exists solely through nonexistence I might be persuaded to settle for dinosaurs.

9. I would be exceedingly grouchy and choose to use the single letter j. I would then complain bitterly and ceaselessly. This being in spite of the fact that my present PDN was a completely arbitrary choice totally devoid of specific meaning then or now.

10. If the change were to be temporary, a house cat. They seem to be able to achieve levels of comfort that other creatures can scarcely imagine.

11. Pirate nephilim. (As is doubly obvious.)

Particularly after answering question 7, I feel the need to conduct another Quiz of Knowledge.

1. What is your name?

You don't need to see my identification. * waves hand * These aren't the droids you're looking for.

2. How old are you?

Age > 23 and < 30; that should be sufficient. I'm surprised at how many you I'm older than. Assuming you're not all lying about how youthful you are. tongue

3. Where do you live?

Florida.

Probably blue, though green is good too.

Huh? Umm...two, I guess.

It was destroyed by the temporal anomaly that Q and Picard created with the tachyon beams.

Maybe to when I started college, to give myself advice on how to make more of it than I did?

Out of Commission. Just something off the top of my head.

Hmm...probably something I think is cute, like elephants or turtles. Although, instead, maybe a rhinoceros of the one-horned variety. Or a reindeer. Hmm...

Ninja sliths all the way! I mean...they're NINJAS!!!

I'm not entirely sure this is the correct match-up, given that we see sliths but not nephilim doing boat stuff, and given that nephils are the ones who are supposed to be agile -- I think there was even a nephil graphic back in Exile that looked like it was holding a throwing star. However, I don't mind, because ninja sliths clearly win on all counts.

P.S. Pirates of the Northern Waters starring Anastasia? No, but I suppose it's not any worse than Teenage Mutant Ninja Slithzerikai.

1. What is your name?

Ephesos.

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live?

St. Louis, Missouri, USA.

Green.

One.

Swamp gas. And the Formellan Face-Leaping Spiders.

I wouldn't mind seeing MLK's "I Have a Dream" in person.

Vuvuzela.

Hawk.

Ninja sliths.

1. What is your name?

Corey

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live?

the wilderness

Yellow

One

who cares?

My home town 150 years ago

iRunFar

A crow

Nephilim. I started the original thread on that topic and I still believe Nephilim are superior in every way.

1. What is your name?

Ronson

2. How old are you?

Just turned 30

3. Where do you live?

Indianapolis

Blue, Green, or a combination there of.

Flower Child stole my answer, so he must of stolen question six as well

Since there are so many places and times I would want to visit, I would probably go into the future and aquire my own time machine.

I honestly can't think of an answer for this one, being forced to choose I would end up with something random.

A wolf or eagle

I agree with Slarty, it should be Pirate Slith and Ninja Nephilim(and I would totally go with the Nephilim), as it stands, I can't go against the Ninja. They're Ninja!

1. What is your name?

Grand Vizier Dantius I

2. How old are you?

Approx. e^21 seconds, give or take a year.

3. Where do you live?

At a point somewhere north of State and Madison, but within 50 miles of said intersection

Black. Unless clear is an option, in which case that.

In my life? Thirteen landlines, seven of which are currently being used in various rooms, two fax machines on a different line (none in use, one in a closet somewhere), and three cell phones.(Obviously I'm only using one)

It's locked in perpetual orbit around a point three seconds to the left of the future.

Go back two decades to 1990, and abuse my knowledge of the future for gross personal benefit. Failing that, France in 1800.

The Incorruptible.

A virus. You see, I was recently researching your species, and humans... aren't mammals. [can't remember any more of the Smith monologue :(]

Who should win? Shapers, duh.

1. What is your name?

Andrew.

2. How old are you?

I am sixteen.

3. Where do you live?

I live in the Pacific Northwest nowadays.

My favorite color, for right now, would have to be lavender.

One. It's a blue cell phone that I've had for a while now.

The implants are telling me that there will never have been a question six yesterday.

Back to the nineteenth century. There are some gentlemen I'd like to chat with.

Looks Widely

What is this, Animorphs or something? I would choose a sparrow or raven.

Without a doubt, ninja sliths. I'd normally side with pirate nephilim, but something about the feline nature of the the nephilim make me suspect they're not too fond of water in the first place. Ironically, the sliths are great swimmer, so clearly they would trounce the nephilim.

1. What is your name?

Long.

2. How old are you?

Too old. 7 months shy of the 20-year mark.

3. Where do you live?

In my imagination.

Green and Black rate pretty highly.

8. That said, 4 of them are connected to the main landline, and 2 are nonfunctional.

My future self erased it.

Go back to the beginning of this poll and erase question 6. Seeing as question 6 does not exist, this means that, in the near future, I have located a time machine.

Cat.

See 9.

Really, this is an unfair match-up. It should be ninja nephilim versus pirate sliths, which plays to both of their strengths. That said, the Nephilim win either way.

1. What is your name?

Timothy

2. How old are you?

Seventeen

3. Where do you live?

Reno, Nevada, USA

Hmm...this is hard to pick.

Zero

UBB ate it.

I wouldn't mind living in Vermont around 1790 or so.

Timshel

A yellow ant.

That would depend on the location of the fight.

1. What is your name?

Darin

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live?

Massachusetts

Blue, no yel... aauugh!

Vorpal Bunnies

Bluebeard's castle, looking for Avadon spoilers

What's a PDN?

Wolf

The nephs, always.

1. What is your name?

Joaquin Phoenix.

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live?

Alberta.

4. What is your favourite colour?

I dunno. But seeing that nearly all of my clothes are either black, grey, or blue, let's go with blue.

Personally? Zero. The house I'm living in has four landlines, though.

6. Who is your favourite Disney villain?

Well, obviously I'd go back in time and stop some atrocities. Well, not that one, for obvious reasons. Of course, if I want to be careful, I'd better not travel back before May 1945, even if what I do shouldn't affect those events (so no travelling back in time and saying, "Don't drink that whiskey!").

Of course, I should be more paranoid than that. If I go to some time after April 1945, I might change events that would influence a later time traveller to go back to before May 1945 (so no travelling back in time and saying, "Don't board that plane!").

Of course, I should be more paranoid than that. By discussing this very topic, I could be influencing future time travellers. So I'll shut up now.

In retrospect, 'Dintiradan' was a bad choice, as it's on the longish side and people keep misspelling it (and probably mispronouncing it). The good thing about it is that it's completely unique, but I probably should have picked a unique name that's easier to remember.

As for what I'd do instead... I dunno.

Something that could fly would be useful. Let's say Grey Parrot; that way, I'd be able to communicate as well. Of course, parrots are tropical, so if I have to worry about the weather, I'd go with a Snowy Owl. Something smaller might be better, but then I'd have to worry about predators.

Race is irrelevant.

1. Unimaginative alias

2. random number between 18 and 40

3. planet Earth, Sol system, Milky-way galaxy

4. blue or Octarine

5. 1

7. As in the old joke it was afraid of eight, but for some reason 7 is no longer afraid.

8. Go and kill the guy who invented ketchup, and keep killing his successors to the title who invent it in jis stead

9. what?

10. dragon or Vahnatai

11. Alien Vahnatai

1. Aloysius Herschel

2. In my prime, for the 18th time.

3. A small town in Germany.

4. Blue. No! Green.

5. Two, or four. Do three wireless handsets count as one phone, or three?

7. Six, seven eight.

8. Jerusalem, sometime around 26 C.E.

9. Aloysius Herschel

10. Great horned owl

11. Ninja sliths over nephil pirates. Ninja nephils over slith pirates. Ninja sliths over ninja nephils. Nephil pirates over pirate sliths. Pirate sliths over ninja sliths. Pirate nephils over ninja nephils.

1. What is your name?

Micawber

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live?

London

Purple

Question 6 was such an intelligent question it answered itself immediately, thus removing the need for you to ask it.

That's a difficult one, especially if it's just one trip. 1940, House of Commons, Churchill's first speech after becoming prime minister.

private static void() { }

One of those flying things that has incredible eyesight and soars way above the ground. Golden eagle, that kind of thing.

Sliths always beat nephils, because pole weapons >> bashing weapons. It's doubly stacked because ninja > pirate as well.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
1. What is your name?

My name is Arancaytar.

2. How old are you?

I am twenty-three years old.

3. Where do you live?

I live in Frankfurt, Germany.

#174389 (a light sky blue) and yellow.

Two. I have one on my desk (with a cord) and one cell. I also have one or two old cellphones still lying around, but they're both broken.

That is classified.

Go visit myself on last Thursday and tell myself to avoid losing my spare glasses.

Either that, or go back in time to intimidate or assassinate the Fox exec who decided to cancel Firefly. tongue

Atrus. Edit: Wait, I forgot my PDN is currently Arancaytrus.

Ory'Hara.

A cat.

Vahnatai.

Fun fact: Dikiyoba has been working on this thread on and off for over three years.

At one question every three months? They don't look that sophisticated. tongue

1. Michael

2. baby<me<grandparent.

infer what you will. or just look in the back to school thread.

3. South of Tyranicus by 1 state.

4. Gamma rays

5. Just one.

7. The hackers got it.

8. I'd go talk to all the crazy mathematicians and physicists that have explained our universe as best as they can.

9. Fallen Angel, Risen Demon (that just randomly popped into my head)

10. Cats have it easy.

11. The shapers.

Fun fact: I have been working on my answers for 5 minutes.

You didn't go with the button-question, Frank. You suck. tongue

1. What is your name?

Nikki

2. How old are you?

22. 23 in 6 weeks. D:

3. Where do you live?

Derbyshire, England.

What's with the green-love that's going on here?! Navy blue all the way.

There are 2 phones plugged into the landline, and I have 2 mobiles (one is mine, and I pay for my sisters, so technically it's mine).

THAT WAS THE BUTTON ONE!

Probably to see a band play live. Oh no, wait. Dintiradan was onto something - I'd save Robert Johnson for sure.

I've done this so many times, I can't think of anything now. Er. "Imban".

I can't think of anything.

The selkies. Always the selkies. (Or the pirate nephil.)

Fun fact: Only Enraged Slith wins!

1. What is your name?

Jared

2. How old are you?

15 in less than a week.

3. Where do you live?

California

Green-blue

Three landlines, and one cell that doesn't have a network right now.

Sarda!

Shortly before humans evolved.

Espionage

A falcon.

Nijas vs. Pirates? No contest. The sliths win.

1. What is your name?

Archmage Solberg.

2. How old are you?

I died at age 176.

3. Where do you live?

In the Nether.

Orange.

What is a Phone?

It got sucked into the Nether with everything at

the end of Avernum 6!

Time Travel? In the Nether...there is no time.

Jerry Bush the Amazing

Eagle

Ninja Sliths...obviously!

cool

1. What is your name?

Check my profile; all will be explained.

2. How old are you?

Old enough to know better, too young to care. All kidding aside, 32.

3. Where do you live?

Michigan.

I don't have one, but I tend to prefer blue, green, blue-green, tan, and burgundy.

One, and it's more then enough.

I ate it. It was delicious.

Too many to mention, but the first place I'd go is wherever the time machine was built, and steal the plans; then I'd go to the nearest patent office about ten years prior.

Third Generation Nut. It's actually a bit more truthful than "The Mystic."

Probably some kind of falcon.

It ends in a stalemate.

1. What is your name?

Random

2. How old are you?

Too old, 49

3. Where do you live?

Third rock from the sun

Blue, no red ....aaaahg

One, an old black rotary standard desktop

That would be telling

Go back 40 odd years ago to give myself a long list of corrections to make my life better.

God

Human. Not the most efficient species design, but it' better than a slurm.

It would be a draw as both sides would cheat.

1. What is your name?

Why do you want to know?

2. How old are you?

Why do you want to know?

3. Where do you live?

In a cabbage head. It's comfy here.

Prism.

Enough.

It was supposed to question us about the whereabouts of the dead bodies. But we're too smart to fall for that trick.

In front of my computer, before I answered this.

Chicken Bacon. Everyone likes chicken bacon.

Clown fish. Because they aren't the funny kind of clown.

No goblins with bazookas? BAH!

But we all know that pirates are in this year.

Fun fact: A serious census seriously answered.

1. What is your name?

Everents

2. How old are you?

3. Where do you live?

CO

Lavender

It was far too offensive for these boards.

I wouldn't.

o.O O.o o.O O.o

<.< >.>

There is no name for it.

The sliths fail at being ninjas, as do the nephils at being pirates. Random ninja nephils would kick ass.

1. What is your name?

Douglas

2. How old are you?

43—it gets better all the time

3. Where do you live?

Kirkland, WA, home of Costco

Blue & green, the colors of water and flora

There are two things we don't own; rather, they own us: cats and phones

Right here, 100 years into the future. To see if we made it. 'Cuz if we did, our world should be pretty amazing.

The Artist Formerly Known As Synergy™

An eagle. I always wanted to fly, and I greatly enjoy heights.

Fun fact: I love Panda licorice.

1. What is your name?

Can't remember right now.

2. How old are you?

5940 ... days.

3. Where do you live?

Alternatively in bed and the rest of the world.

Blue, orange, yellow, red, green and several others.

One. (I also own three cats. No, actually, seven since this morning.)

Come on, we all saw you.

Last week, armed with this week's winning lottery numbers.

Behind you!

A fat, happy, lap cat. (with a hat)(and a mat)(and lots of food)

I should win, of course.

1. What is your name?

<deadname wooooo>, plans on changing it.

2. How old are you?

I will have survived seventeen winters this coming Christmas.

3. Where do you live?

Middle of Nowhere, MT

I don't like specific colors. I do like certains combinations, though. Black+Green is the first to pop in my head.

I have one line, if that's what you mean. Several old phones hanging around, currently using a Samsung Juke.

*shifty eyes* Nobody came by this way, man.

Charles Babbage's house, when he was alive.

No comment,

If dragons don't count, then prolly some sort of bird.

The Vahnatai.

Whether or not wdueck is serious, this is the great thing about the internet, the thing that makes it like fire and the corporation and the laser. People who through most of history have had to be lonely outcasts — whether they have rare genetic disorders, or minority sexual orientations, or IQs too many standard deviations above the norm — find that, over the entire globe, there are enough people like them to fill a major city.

Maybe that's the point. The birth of cities was a huge turning point in human history. So forget the fire and laser analogies. What we're doing now is inventing the city, again.

Most of the current hype about rapid technological progress and social change is just that, hype. The rapid change was two generations ago, when my grandfather grew up in a world drawn by horses and lit by kerosene, and lived to watch men walk on the moon on TV. In comparison, this internet thing is a very slow burn. All it's done in twenty years is get a bit faster. But the moonshot really didn't change people's lives much. This slower burn will do more, in its time.