Sixus in Exile II

Charlie Escoffery

Mission Sucessful! I went back to Mayor Bevan and typed "mission" [ I had been typing "quest" by mistake] after Sixus had vanished.

Now to build up my characters enough to defeat Limoncelli! Don't understand why a mage can be "too encumbered" one moment and not the 'next' to cast spells!

Charlie

Quote:
Originally written by Charlie Escoffery:
Don't understand why a mage can be "too encumbered" one moment and not the 'next' to cast spells!
If you've put a few points into Defence skill, it's sometimes possible to cast spells with an encumbrance of 2, but unless your Defence is extremely high you'll fail fairly often. It's better to just keep your encumbrance to 1 or less and not have to worry about it.

Congratulations with mission completion.

About your mage, you can try casting spells like Sanctuary or Bless on him if archers are causing him trouble. If things get too bad, just end every round by covering the mage by Sanctuary spell.

I sometimes notice archers attacking the character they consider "most dangerous". So if your mage casts firestorm and your priest casts sanctuary on him, archers will be very likely to waste their shots on hidden mage.

Quote:
Originally written by Charlie Escoffery:
OK...but I need to get him enough armor protection as he is the favorite target (eventhough far back in the grouping) of the enemy archers/spells.
There are several magic items which increase your mage's armor without encumbering (ivory charm, ring of protection, mithrail chain mail, runed shield, runed helm) - try shopping in Waldby's bazaar, Brantford's shop and Shaynee's bazaar. I never let my mage get encumbered - action points are more valuable than armor levels.

Personally, I don't think it's necessary to let ANY character get encumbered severely enough to start losing action points. I keep my fighters at 2 encumbrance and my mages at 1 encumbrance at all times. If you bless your party enough times, physical attacks should almost never hit them anyway.

• 4 weeks later...