Hints for Warrior run through?[G5]

My own experience was that, except in the early game, creations were just a burden (keeping them alive became tedious). I absorbed them and I ended up putting most points into strength and endurance to get a tank. I do think melee is most powerful, with lots of quick action.

I think though it depends on the difficulty level. On normal, with enough endurance and the best armor you can ignore the attacks of all non-scripted enemies. Not so much on torment I think.

Otherwise items are key. Things become easier once you get assassin boots as you get 2 turns quite often. Firesteel gauntless give you the ability to cast acid rain which is the most useful attack spell. Corrupted batons are also excellent. Buy, steal or craft as many rods of succour, alacrity as you can.

I played on torment. Endurance above 10 is mandatory.

Get the daze spell and train up in mental magic as soon as possible.

Melee does more damage, but there are a few areas where slowly moving up and using missile attacks avoids getting swarmed. I think Delicious Vlish tried a pure missile attack warrior or servile and found that you have to be dedicated to increasing missile weapons to have the necessary damage at the end.

I found you can use items and training to get most magical spells that you really need. Same with shaping so you can concentrate on fighting skills and healing.

Parry above 14 is helpful when you get trapped by swarms.

For Shaping, it's probably best to go for Battle Shaping. You'll have a limited amount of attack types you can use, but Physical works well on everything, and Battle Shaping creatures are all cheaper then their Fire and Magic counterparts. Regardless of which three you choose, only pump that one. You won't have the cash nor the skill points to really go for two shaping categories.

Try saving up cash for Astoria's magic training. You can have 2 points in Blessing/Mental and Spellcraft. I prefer Blessing personally, because Warriors can never cast spells as well as the other classes, so having longer lasting blesses always came off to me as more valuable.

Don't be too stingy on items, particularly the attack crystals/wands. There are loads of them, and you might need the special attacks from time to time. Also, go for the Warrior, not the Guardian. The former has a better essence multiplier per each level it gets, so even though the latter will have more essence at the start, the Warrior will end up with more essence.

Remember to take advantage of Healing Craft, particularly Regeneration Aura. That's not Warrior-specific, but Regeneration Aura is just awesome.

Parry is pretty weak in G5, so I always put points into Luck. Each point in luck increases all your resistances by 1 point, so if you can end the game with 12 point of Luck for the end-game area's, you'll really be able to cut down on the amount of damage your characters takes.

Hope that helps.