Oops...

In my current playthrough of G2 i noticed that i accidentley sold the "letter to rising" to a store. the shopkeeper no longer has the letter in his inventory. Is there any thing i can do to get it back without reloading?

I can reload but i would have to reclear about 8 zones.

I know its not the end of the world but i would prefer to have the letter.

I did a quick search for the "Letter to Rising" in Geneforge's scripts...

Code:
begindefineitem 314;	import = 267;	it_name = "Letter to Rising";	it_value = 10;	it_extra_description = 31;

This means that it is item 314.

You could add an item by having it as a reward via a dialogue script. For instance, you could place it into a servile's dialogue script.

We could do this with Lietz, a young servile in Medab.

The original dialogue is located at the bottom of Medab's dialogue script (z17medabdlg.txt):

Code:
begintalknode 194;	state = 200;	nextstate = 201;	condition = 1;	question = "Where are you from, Lietz?";	text1 = "He says in a quiet voice, _Sucia Island._";

You could change this question to also silently add the letter:

Code:
begintalknode 194;	state = 200;	nextstate = 201;	condition = 1;	question = "Where are you from, Lietz?";	text1 = "He says in a quiet voice, _Sucia Island._";        reward_give(314);

Just copy the "reward_give(314);" bit and add it to the end of the question.

There is probably a better way of doing it, but that's my solution for now. Hope it helped.