E2: Weapon Augmentation Too Expensive To Pay At All?

MacCentris

The Alien Blade is neither. The only property it has is that its always poisoned. If you look into the information of the Alien Blade, the MAGIC button is unchecked/black. Its a non-improved, non-magical item.

I used Pandora's Box to change my gold value to 27,000 right before I spoke to the Vahnatai in Mancuso. Now, as I look into the Alien Blade (P) info, it shows the MAGIC button green. There is no other seller around unfortunately (to sell to and bring the gold up), and Tokor-Te is not interested in buying my stuff either. It worked fine the game is responding well.

I think (if I remember correctly) that the earlier Exile 2 versions could carry up to 30,000 gold. One of the modifications that Jeff Vogel made in the newer version was to lower the gold to 25,000. Maybe he needed to do that to take care of a bug (?)

There was a few things I didn't like about the latest version that I used to like about the previous version. The cave floor being blue and such is just one I remember. It used to be grayish/dark brownish.

Unfortunately, I had no idea of the modifications so when I upgraded to a new computer I just decided to download Exile 2 again. And was surprised to see the new graphics and such. Oh well.

I think the creator originally intended the weapon to be augmented. Its logical, however he forgot about the gold detail. Looks like the only way to do it now is with a game enhancer/modifier. Others like to call it cheating but I am only getting what was intended to be in the first place.

Quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:
I just use, um, nefariousness to upgrade my weapons. It's a lot cheaper, and gives you many more options.
I happen to have purchased the Trilogy, but those who only bought the game and didn't buy the editor wouldn't be able to use the magical weapons the editor gives. -If that's what you mean.

Originally I played the game without cheating or using the editor. If I had to ever use it I would get Gold/Food only. There are others out there who will do that as well just for the challenge.

Quote:
Originally written by MacCentris:
I think (if I remember correctly) that the earlier Exile 2 versions could carry up to 30,000 gold. One of the modifications that Jeff Vogel made in the newer version was to lower the gold to 25,000. Maybe he needed to do that to take care of a bug (?)
Very possible. In BoE, where the cap is still 30,000, if you sell items until your gold is higher than 32,767, it wraps around and you end up with a massive negative gold value. This is bad.

Quote:
I think the creator originally intended the weapon to be augmented. Its logical, however he forgot about the gold detail. Looks like the only way to do it now is with a game enhancer/modifier. Others like to call it cheating but I am only getting what was intended to be in the first place.
If it makes you feel any better, you can still augment the Nether Greatsword, thus making the best melee weapon in the game (in terms of raw damage) even better. Of course, that's if you can tolerate the side effects...

Oh, and Eldibs doesn't mean the editor. At least, not the editor that Jeff Vogel made.

Quote:
Oh, and Eldibs doesn't mean the editor. At least, not the editor that Jeff Vogel made.
Correct. Generally, around here, nefariousness refers to unsupported cheating that is usually against the CoC to talk about. And nefariousness can get you a lot more under the weapons category than the editor can, like hand grenades, for example.

Quote:
But who seriously can spare 27,000 gold for one extra bonus point on your Alien Blade?
A very dedicated Exile player.

If you get the Magic Wave Blade from the Editor, you can augment it. Jeff forgot to make the editor set the "Magical Item" attribute on them. I find that Enhanced Magic Wave Blades can make very effective weapons. Unfortunately, this is the only weapon from the Editor that you can do that with.