2continents in geneforge?

Originally Posted By: Shaper Spddin
The second continent never OFICIALLY existed. It was mentioned in one sentence at the end of G3 as being larger then terrestia and then POOF...gone

I don't know whether it gets mentioned at the end of G3, but it definitely gets mentioned at the beginning of it.

Dikiyoba thinks it gets mentioned at least one other place as well.

No, I am aware of that. Think of it like this. The Shapers send the G1 PC west to help with settling a new land . This is Terrestia. We know this is Terrestia because in the ending text of G1 we are told that there is a swarm of activity in Dillame, as Shapers run around trying to create the new fauna and settle the land. If Terrestia is the "new land" then the other Shaper continent is east of Terrestia. Therefore, if one looks at it carefully, there were two continents at the beginning of the series. It was just not ever said outright.

The Great Archon

Something still doesn't add up, though, because they way characters talk about Terrestia in games after G1 it doesn't sound newly-settled.

—Alorael, who would also point out that G5, while questionable given that it's post-disappearance, definitely talks about the Shapers being in power and quashing native cultures for several centuries.

Dikiyoba: *sigh* I really wish this weren't so. That effectively destroys weeks of work on the Wiki I've been doing. Still, its a product of Jeff's forgetfulness no doubt. But that really just puts the icing on the cake as far as how screwy the Geneforge timeline is.

Alorael: Pretty much, yeah. "Cannonically" the Shapers originated on the west coast (Lethia Province and Nodye Coast) of Terrestia, and presumably expanded eastward.

For games that supposed are all about the plot, Geneforge's plot is here, there, and the other place. Jeff really, really needs to work on his memory skills for his new series.

Or maybe its just Geneforge. I don't remember these kinds of problems with Exile/Avernum.

The Great Archon