Two Handed or Pole

Toenail Returns

For most brute damage per hit, I'd have to go with two 1-handed swords. Right now, my party leader has a Mithral Broadsword and a Magic Wave Blade, and while niether may be able to equal the Black Halberd, the combined often does.

Also, I'm assuming the editor is essential for obtaining two Black Halberds. :p

Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
Quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:
And for some reason, I like to give my Nephil rogue a rapier and a flail and poison.
Because you really, really enjoy wasting skill points on two different weapon skills and the most useless skill in the game? :p
I remember when I played Exile II and didn't know about any of the other games (I got the demo off Games Arcade) I took the trouble of training my Nephil with the Poison Skill trait and I would fire poisoned arrows at goblins and run from them.

Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
Quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:
And for some reason, I like to give my Nephil rogue a rapier and a flail and poison.
Because you really, really enjoy wasting skill points on two different weapon skills and the most useless skill in the game? :p
It didn't make the game any more difficult, not to mention the 3 mage/3 priest skill.

This was before I sought challenge in theme parties and singletons.

Quote:
Originally written by Casual Moose:
I never play a 6 CP party. Always 4 CP, or fewer (once, once, I played 5, but it's almost exactly the same as four).

For 4 CPs I have ...

Slith Halbard Bloke
Human Two Cool Swords Dude
Human (Slith) One Sword And Unencumbering But Cool Shield.
Human (Slith) With Two Swords.

Da daa!
Quote:
For 4 CPs I have ...

Slith Halbard Bloke
Human Two Cool Swords Dude
Quote:
Quote:
Human (Slith)
Human (Slith)
???

This was a good topic to add to the Exile series, the question asked is a hard one at that.

Although I like Pole weapons, I prefer broadswords and shields. The Flaming swords are one of my favorites actualy, and I have to admit, I defiently vote for edged weapons. As I normaly don't include any Sliths into my parties, I don't normaly consider spears, I just like the money they bring in! shocked

Oh, yeah, that brings back another question of the sort. I had a Steel Broadsword and enchanted it for +1 (like 6000 gold or something), but now it's like super-valuable. It seems to be like a weapon that's been enchanted is more valuable that an unenchanted one with the same stats.

For example an Iron Broadsword (+1) would be more valuable than a Steel Broadsword.

Ash Lael: I can't see how it is that hard to work out what I am saying. You do have an IQ greater than that of a PE teacher's, no?

"Either that, or he gives them human graphics and names, but makes them Sliths just for the stat bonuses."

Ah, now the interesting thing about that is that all you get is the equivilant of two level's worth of exp which are altomatically spent. Which sucks, considering the amount of extra epx you have to get to level up. Sliths aren't worth it unless you're planning on getting all your characters to level 50 (or of course you want a pole weapon at the start, but it's easy to get one - the place at the top where there's the shambler. Up 'til then, repeatedly cast bless whenever he gets into combat and he'll have a reasonable chance of hitting.).

The one good thing about having a slith character is that if you make him the third pre-fabricated character down the list (Frrrrrr) then you have enough exp to be able to give him 20 strenght, lots of health and a good few levels on dexterity and pole weapons. When you start, you then get +2 strenght (yay). This then results in your character's health going up more slowly than if you had 20 Strenght.