Dying agent[G5]

Put some points to battle magic to be able to one shot kill normal tier one creations in the demo area, mental magic to be able to daze everything, and intelligence so you have essence for buffing spells with a bit left over. Daze is your most important spell since you will never have the health to survive fights otherwise.

Strength so you can have decent armor will help with taking damage when dazing fails. This will also help when you start facing stun causing monsters so you can have a chance of fighting back.

Ok, I am suppose to try to help Rawal, kill one of Taygen's men and i am

Level 35

strength 5

Dexterity 4

Intelligence 10

Endurance 4

melee weapon 6

missile weapon 3

quick action 6

parry 6

battle magic 13

mental magic 7

blessing magic 7

spellcraft 8

fire shaping 1

battle shaping 1

magic shaping 0

healing craft 6

leadership 10

mechanics 10

luck 0

It looks like your stats are pretty decent - but if you're having trouble with main quests (Taygen's area is HARD), level up to around 45 first by doing a lot of sidequests. Get the powerful items that help you. Read the posts about item crafting. You might want to improve strength and endurance to make you more durable.

Also, use burning spray and acid rain a lot. Ice spray does a lot of damage to magic resistant creations usually. Lightning aura is really useful. And Kill is great - with Essence Blade, it can do 400 damage.

And don't forget about spells like Daze, Dominate, and Mass Madness. They provide a lot of respite from crowds.

Are you dying against single enemies or in group battles where you get swarmed?

Do you have Strong Daze? Also, armor is super helpful. Most melee enemies were doing less than 15 damage to me at the end of the game, including rothidzons. Pump your strength and get an enchanted shaper breastplate or something.

You can also pick off groups of enemies one at a time by only getting seen by one of them, then running away. Usually only one, maybe two will follow you. Then you can deal with them separately.

Normally, you should buy only the first level of something, unless it is really cheap, or you use it alot and it is really useful, like daze, or some creations.

What creations do you have shaped? If there are any, what are their stats? Whose faction do you want to join?

Also, you can't join Taygen if you kill the person Rawal wants you to kill.

EDIT: And what things do you have equiped, and what levels of spells and creations have bought? Do you use many canisters? How much money do you currently have?

My stats are listed above, and i am currently wearing guardian cloak, crystal woven chain, student;s belt, no weapon, ring of eyes purity,samaritan sandals, pustulant greeves, carnilian gloves, polished shield, and stability bauble. I used every single canister i found, at least i think i did xD. And i didn't buy anything for creations, but used canisters. And im not sure with magic, can't find a chart that will tell me.

Spidden- I think so, but only after you do Taygen's quest that involves him

Visard-Can you make any upgraded creations?(plated clawbub, plated artilla, cryoa ect.) But you really should try to get more creations and essence, since they really will help you out. Do you have many pods, spores, and healing items?

You shaping skills are very low, and you will have to raise them if you want to shape better things, and to make those things more powerful. Also, your dexterity is low, so many enemies will attack before you. Your endurance is also low, so you probably don't have much health. Health is good.

Oh, i heard that dexterity wasn't helpful because of quick action. I also heard that making creations was bad because you get less exp, and agents should focus on magic.I also heard that you don't need health if you can just daze them. Plus i spent a ton on magic and intelligence, so i was wondering how much int should i have to have enough? Also thx again for your help guys.

You're not making creations? That is why you are finding the game so difficult. Go get the Volcanic Fetish and Shaper Robe so that you can create War Tralls. You might want to equip some items which boost mental magic and spellcraft, as you'll have difficult dazing/charming/terrifying anything late in the game with those stats.

You do have a good amount of intelligence, but it is always nice to have more essence. Dexterity helps since it determines which order your team attacks in, and maybe in a few other things. Creations, even though they do take some experience, are very helpful. If you have at least 3 in each shaping catagory, then you can shape all the normal creations, and higher will let you shape upgraded creations (if your skill in that creation is high enough). The top two creations on my list are the war trall and the upgraded rotter. Luck is since it gives you a bit in the different kinds of resistences, even though it is expensive.

This explains everything.

Basically, you need to mix purifying elixir with a shaped item to make a perfected item, then add one of the rare crafting items to make a minor artifact, then add another to make a major artifact. As an Agent, the Smoking Gauntlets are the first artifact you should make: they provide good protection and raise all of your magic skills. Once you get the Essence-Infused Iron, upgrade them to the Firesteel Gauntlets.

Originally Posted By: Vizard
Oh, i was also wondering, if i have 3 shaping in each creation, then ill never need more right? Since i can shape every type? (I'm asking not just for agents but shapers as well)

Having higher shaping skills will make your creations start at a higher level, which makes them stronger. Having the bare minimum of 3 is good enough to make decent creations, and it's probably enough for an Agent, but for a class that focuses heavily on shaping like the Lifecrafter or Shock Trooper, it's worth putting in a few more points into shaping skills that you're going to use heavily.

Also, you REALLY need more Mental Magic and Spellcraft skill. For a magic-based character, they should both be at 20 or higher by the end of the game.

Okay there are a few things you can do to improve your character. First you need to do more zones and quests to raise you level up to at least 40. This will give you skill points to raise mental magic, strength, and endurance. You really need them higher by at least 4 in each.

Mental magic will give you daze and strong daze to avoid getting swarmed. You really need it much higher to be sure it works. Dominate

or charm will help you get creations to switch sides but it doesn't always work and then you wasted you action. So when facing large numbers try charming them so when they come out of the daze you have some friends to even up the fight.

Artifacts are given in the Crafting topic. You need at least Smoking Gauntlets to raise Battle, Mental, and Blessing Magic by 3 each by making Perfected Gauntlets = Shaped Gauntlets + Purifying Elixir and then combining with Solidified Flame from either the Okavano Sea Caves or the Mountain Crossroads in the Storm Plains.

Then gather ingredients for the other artifacts. You don't have the strength to equip them yet so increase strength. Also look at better armor to decrease damage. Also look out for charms.

Get the Girdle of Insight at the Podling Crossing to increase intelligence another point. You might want a weapon like at least Captain's Shiv (+2 Blessing Magic) from Crenshaw in the Northwest Fens or something else that gives some bonuses even though you don't use it in combat.

Edit - You don't need creations if you can use mental magic to convert enemies into helping you.

Oh, i was also wondering, if i have 3 shaping in each creation, then ill never need more right? Since i can shape every type? (I'm asking not just for agents but shapers as well)

As long as you have war tralls and a terror/charm/daze which works 95% of the time, you're set. Don't worry about sinking points into fire or magic shaping, there's no need.

oh i see, but i won't need to add anymore to shaping right?
Also if i want to make a trakovite, how will i survive without creations?

Yeah, you can leave your shaping skills at 3 for this playthrough unless you actually want the upgraded creations, which can be nice but aren't really necessary.

You can still ally with the Trakovites even if you use creations. If you want to roleplay as a Trakovite who doesn't use creations, well, that's your own self-imposed challenge and it's up to you to work out how to do it.

You seemed to have missed several zones to be that low level and in the Dera Reaches. You should be in the 40s by that point. So go back and clear out places that you skipped.

Edit - Trakovites don't teach creation shaping. But you can use items for creating them: Shaper's Robe, Volcanic Fetish, Black Pearl, artifact belt. Use them just for creating and them swap back to your regular items.

Canisters and some trainers will give you levels in specific creations.

Magic resistant creatures take damage usually from cold and acid spell attacks. Physical damage when all else fails, but daze everything else so it's one on one.

There should be plenty of places that you missed where you still can get experience. Tier 4 creations will still give experience up into the low 40s range. You must have skipped some places in the Storm Plains or the Wastes to the east.

As many as possible while still retaining an essence pool that allows you to cast mental (and to a lesser extent, battle) spells. I'd say you should have about 100 essence spare, and the rest should be spent in creations.

On the other hand, having essence blade on your main character is just unbelievable, it almost doubles damage output (my essence lances were hitting for 400+ when blessed and essence bladed), so if you want to have your agent as a primary damage dealer, maybe you'd consider having higher essence reserves to accommodate for essence blades. Casting essence blades on your creations probably isn't worth it though, just use chaotic spores.

In summary, be conservative with your essence pool. Having one less creation is less detrimental to your well being than running out of the essence you require to charm/daze foes. Running out of essence mid-fight *sucks*.