Strange buff behavior[G5]

While I was fighting Litalia, my Aura of Regeneration kept getting replaced with an Aura of Spines. The effect was exactly as if I had cast Aura of Spines, which I hadn't. Later, when I was fighting the golems in the Kayar's Spire Cells, my Essence Blade kept going away after the golems had used their area attack on me.

Why is this happening? Is it supposed to?

Essence Blade, unlike the other essence blessings, is temporary, so it wears off over time. You're supposed to avoid those golems anyway.

For the other thing, I seem to recall Litalia having the ability to buff her allies, except it's glitchy so it affects your party too, even if she's hostile.

Originally Posted By: Desmarestia
What makes you say Essence Blade is temporary?

Cast Essence Blade. Stand around for a minute or two. Watch it go away.

Not sure what's going on with the golems. Maybe their attack can debuff you? I never tried seriously to kill them, so I'm not sure exactly what their capabilities are. I know there are enemies in the Avernum series that can erase your buffs, so maybe the same is true for Geneforge.

Originally Posted By: Thuryl
Cast Essence Blade. Stand around for a minute or two. Watch it go away.

It doesn't. I swear I'm not making this up. The text feed even says "This effect lasts until you leave this area" or something similar.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
static field that debuffs you

I was wondering what the static field does, actually. Thanks for that.