Drewy the Trakovite[G5]

Acky

I've decided to run a pure singleton Servile on Torment. He'll be a Singleton, not a single creation to be made. After seeing the devastation of the war, he has thrown his hat in with the Trakovites, and has sworn off Shaping completely, and seeks to destroy all who will continue to practice it. And yes, I intend to do all of the optional extra area's (Sammanns Isle, Lermans Pass, etc.) Drewy is his (very fitting) name, and he will focus heavily on Mental Magic, Melee Skills, Quick Action, lightly on the other Magic Skills, Intelligence and of course Leadership and Mechanics. A few points in Strength would be helpful, but he's gonna be going light for most of the war, to try to save Skill Points. Oh yeah, no canisters either.

So anyway. Drewy beat his way through the Pacification Fields with Mekken at his side. He took full advantage of all of the XP to be gained. He killed most of the bugs attacking the serviles, scared the Battle Alpha by flinging a fireball, then killing it. Unlocked the door with the living tools, ran down to killed the worms, then activated the Pacification Pylon, went inside and killed those bugs in the pots, killed the Roamer, went around to kill the pets around the Vlish while Mekken distracted it. Overall, I ended up at level 5, just a shy away from level 6.

I then followed Girik into the Spire. After getting inside, Rawal questioned me about Mekken. I thought about it after a while. On one hand, I could use the points in Endurance and Intelligence. On the other hand, I could use the extra sword on at my side. So I didn't turn her in. So Drewy picked her up, and went about speaking to the people in the Spire. I got the quest to kill the Serviles in the storage rooms, but I am not quite strong enough to kill them. Skipped to the mage, where I got the annoying crystal for the forge dude. I improved my skills in Daze, Firebolt, and War Blessing with the money Rawal gave me. Before we went out, Drewy and Mekkon went into the room with the Fyora's and killed them for Exp. Went around town, did the Twixx and the mine quests, talked to the guard for her quest, got the shrouded rouge quest yada yada. Also, used the last of my gold (sold the loot from the first zone) to buy a few pods.

Entered the Promenade. Now, in my four previous run throughs, I've never had a real problem with this area. I ran two plays on Torment with Warriors, and I easily squished the creatures there. This wasn't the case this time. The Pylon creations weren't the problem; it was those Shrouded Rogues. The thahd especially. Mekken's turning out to be useless; she can't kill anything without my help, and just runs off in terror every time she gets damaged. It took me who knows how many loads, and all my curing and healing pods to last it out. I've got level 3 in Daze and 5 in Mental Magic. Is that enough for now, or do I need to keep pumping more?

For now you are fine in mental magic and daze. I'm running the same thing without Mehken and putting more into strength. I made it through the Demo area except the Repository and most of the time I could daze things. I even could daze almost all the brutal thahds that work for Kosti.

Mehken if you keep her should have all skill points put to strength. This will at least keep her doing some damage. She's pretty worthless for most of the Demo unless you are fighting worms. Be sure to buff before combat.

Maybe I'm a bit too late for this but... lure the shrouded thahd to the two soldiers where you get the "Three Pylons" something quest and let them bring the smackdown. Ninja-kill it when needed.

The shrouded fyora and worm can be killed with the same tactics. As I said in CalRef, sneak in the Repository and get the Frozen Blade. But maybe you're already past this part but I felt like sharing for future victims.

• 3 weeks later...

(I put this aside when I was under the impression I was going to participate in the 24 hour contest, but now that I can't, I'll keep this going.)

So I've finished up the Whitespires, aka, I killed the presence (but I did not shoot the deputy). The first fight (East Foundry) turned out to be a bit harder than I thought. I needed EXP, so I killed the creatures behind the walls instead of just deactivating the crystals. Daze was a real help here. Mekhen is still pretty useless at that point. She isn't killing her targets in one shot, so she undazes them. Since I'm moving first, I can't intercept them before they whack her, so guess who gets whacked every time? I ended up just sticking her in the corner to do nothing and hope that after a few levels she buffs up in strength.

No canisters, so obviously no Wrack.

The Fyora-Presence wasn't too hard (although I was dangerously low on Healing pods afterwards) without the machinery too help it.

After refitting and rearming in town, I made the little trek across the Foundry Core to kill the Fyora's and kill those pesky worms in the corner. Daze was even more useful here, since instead of pairs and trio's, the rogues were coming in swarms. By now, Mekhen was becomeing a little dangerous, since now when she poked stuff she left a mark. Or at least could kill worms and Fyora's in one shot. Also got that provate out of there in one piece. The Clawbugs were pretty hard as a group, but weren't much as a challenge two on one. They went down, I nicked me some Nimble Sandles and some Carliean Gloves, and went in for the brain. The worm swarms were easy, since now was the time I used those Ice Crstyals I had been saving. The mind itself, however, was extremely tough. It took me two tries to bring it down, and in the end, I was completely out of healing pods. But in the end, I stroded proudly away with a shiny new damage shield, and some other nice treats.

With the loot I sold off, I bought out the last of the healing pods and most of the other pods before I made my charge at the Presence (I also got my rewards from the captain for the two quests.) I calmed the turrets down, and then killed them off one by one off. I also learned something; You can calm the Turrest down and kill them for the extra EXP just fine, except if you let the turrets act, the other nonhostile Turrets will go hostile (and no, they're immune to daze). Basically, if you can't kill it on your first turn, you have to deal with all of them regardless. Anyway, the servile wasn't a huge challenge. I managed to get it in the corner, and from there, it was a straight forward hack-back. It went down. I got some Thirsting Gloves and a new Venom Baton. Rawal's all proud of his servant and now has sent me into the Mera-Tev. I also killed that bandit. I'll come back later for the Roamers, since my Daze isn't, err, dazing them.

Basically, I'm learning fast that if I don't stick with Daze everytime, I die fast. Ah well. Onto the Mera-Tev!

Ending Stats:

Level 15

Main Skills

Strength - 5

Dexterity - 5 (3)

Intelligence - 4 (3)

Endurance - 6

Combat Skills

Melee Skills - 9

Missile Skills - 2

Quick Action - 7

Parry - 6