Buying Skills

250-275 is the cost per skill point. It's a measure of how much value you get for your money, not how much you actually have to pay. Magery initially costs 4 skill points to raise, so paying 1000 gold for it means you're getting the equivalent of a free skill point for every 250 gold.

i was actually talking about the first play through. also, just because something can be done doesn't mean it's worth doing. i just never really saw the point in waiting to buy something when you can just train in it, especially when you can get huge amounts of extra skill points with all of the knowledge brews and cystals. that's just me, though.

Originally Posted By: Sss-Chah
i was actually talking about the first play through.
You can do anything you want in the first play through; that's how you learn where everything is, and also how you figure out a strategy for subsequent plays.
Originally Posted By: Sss-Chah
i just never really saw the point in waiting to buy something when you can just train in it, especially when you can get huge amounts of extra skill points with all of the knowledge brews and cystals. that's just me, though.
I do it to add a bit of challenge to the game. Plus, I like to have a few spare skill points handy, just in case I need some quick training in one or two skills. That's just my playing style.

• 1 year later...

-Raise Dead: Thread-

I saw in another post a poll about holding off raising skills from skill points until after you buy levels at a trainer. What is the advantage of this? Does having higher levels of those skills from normal training increase the price of more levels from trainers? Or does raising them from skill points prevent you from buying all three levels from trainers? From reading the walkthrough it doesn't seem that the trait/race bonuses affect purchasing skills, so I'm just a bit confused.

Thanks!