im sorry spidweb team but....

I'm sorry Spidweb team I know yall worked very hard on it but, i dont like the new look for avernum 4 it seems like you're trying to turn it into geneforge or the way that combat is I mainly liked the fact that you could fight without havin to go through the whole battle thing.You wouldn't happen to have an old version from before yall made that change?

Well, whatever engine and graphics Jeff uses, someone will be off-put by them. Hopefully, A5's engine is much more streamlined than A4, what with the return of elevation and the engine advances of G4. If not, well, there's always Blades of Avernum, the updated Nethergate, and replaying the original trilogy.

Dikiyoba.

Quote:
Originally written by Foley's Body:
I think Avernum is dead to me... I love the graphics of Avernum 1- Blades but I hate geneforge and its combat system. If only there were other versions of AVernum 4 and 5 being made frown
Ah, I remember you. You got banned for a while, no?

Luckily for you, A5 won't use the Geneforge combat system. In fact, Geneforge 4 doesn't use the Geneforge combat system.

—Alorael, who can't say the new system is identical to Avernum's. Being able to attack with 1 AP makes all the difference, though. Starting with more movement is a good change, too.

Jeff said we only get more actions points because we have to run further to attack. He upped the number of APs used for attacks and spells to compensate.

I bet we encounter the same thing as in Geneforge 4 regarding daze. There are always enough monsters that can run in from outside the area of effect after you cast daze and still have one AP to attack you.

Graphics don't mean a lick to me. If the game is fun I'll play it. And these keep drawing me back in. Hell I still boot up Ultima and Zork on Gametap every so often because they are enjoyable. Personally I've found all the engine's and graphics to have their own charm from Exile to A4. I personally prefer these "retro" graphics to today's wham bam 3D gizmo games (Don't get me wrong Blue Dragon looks to be bubbles hawt). Sprites to me have always had an innate organic feel to them.

Well ive never generally cared too much about graphics. I grew up with low spec computers, which when i think about it was probably why i stumbled across Spiderweb games. I do prefer the original Averum-Nethergate style graphics, but that never stopped me playing through a few geneforge demos and enjoying them.

However when Jeff finally got rid of that graphic type in A4 it seemed like the end of an era. I did grow up with them after all...

Anyone agree?