A4 - Items to save

So what items, specifically, should be stockpiled for quests like the one for iron bars? Will there be someone who buys crystals for more than they sell for normally, or skins, or other metal bars besides iron? Or bunches of fairly normal items needed for miniquests like the three skins for the tanner in Formello?

Demo: Iron bars, three healing herbs, graymold, three fine leathers.

Post-demo: 20 wine, 4 gremlin wine, 20 sacks of meal, a pipe, some shackles, mortar and pestle, pincers, tongs, hammer, some fine steel.

Also keep all fine leathers, fine steel, focusing crystals, and herbs. There are a few other things to hold on to, but most are more apparent (things like icy geodes, chitrach claws, glowing basalt, and swamp nodules).

I believe you need a pillow and/or a towel at some point as well.

[Edit: It sure would be nice to have a tower, but what you get is a towel.]

—Alorael, who had very little trouble coming up with most of the mundane item requirements. The smithing tools was the hardest, as pincers are much rarer than tongs and otherwise apparently interchangeable.

Quote:
Originally written by If I were a Misc. mod...:
—Alorael, who had very little trouble coming up with most of the mundane item requirements. The smithing tools was the hardest, as pincers are much rarer than tongs and otherwise apparently interchangeable.
On the subject of smithing items, here's something I never figured out. When one of the smiths asks for "a length of cavewood" to make a wand, do they mean a stick?

And this is slightly inconsequential, but I believe you need Curing Elixirs for one quest. Since there's little other reason to keep them, it's good to know. Also, the smith in Dharmon requires rubies and gold bars (never quite figured out why) to make some equipment. While the equipment is worse than what you'll have by then, it's good to sell.

• 3 weeks later...

The smith in Dharmon, Rippel, wants gold and emeralds in addition to the fine steel, focusing crystals, and mandrake.

The Fort Remote quest for graymold (2), mandrake, and eyebeast eyestalks nets you several potions including a knowledge brew. So sometimes it pays to use mandrake. It's best to save before you use up mandrake to see if it's worth it.

The crafter that can use gold necklaces and platinum rings also has a recipie using a fine waveblade, and those 3 recipies need the glowing basalt, swamp nodules, and icy geodes (I haven't tried the sword recipie yet, but the ring and necklace aren't very useful). And since the knowledge brew needs one of each herb, that recipie will normally be limited by how much mandrake you have.