Kill King Vothkaro - what does it affect?

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, lucabar said:

Problem: I killed him BEFORE the scrolls/message exchange so now the Mayor of Sharimik tells me to go talk to him to advance the quest, and no other dialogue options show up. Is there a way to fix it?

That's rough. I'd suggest reloading a previous save but I bet you wouldn't have asked if you could've. If you've tried everything then i guess you're stuck in this aspect. If there's some cheat or way to edit something then someone else can suggest something. You can still finish the game as you can just head to the next area and go tackle the giants even if you cant get the main quest for it. 

22 hours ago, lucabar said:

Problem: I killed him BEFORE the scrolls/message exchange so now the Mayor of Sharimik tells me to go talk to him to advance the quest, and no other dialogue options show up. Is there a way to fix it?

My guess is that you will, quite naturally really, never be able to deliver any messages from King Vothkaro,  but you're not missing out on anything unique, just a couple of points of reputation, some petty cash and basic knowledge of the Dispel Barrier spell (which costs 1500 per level from a wizard in one of the outlying towns near Lorelei).

43 minutes ago, Minion said:

My guess is that you will, quite naturally really, never be able to deliver any messages from King Vothkaro,  but you're not missing out on anything unique, just a couple of points of reputation, some petty cash and basic knowledge of the Dispel Barrier spell (which costs 1500 per level from a wizard in one of the outlying towns near Lorelei).

There's a back door into the Dispel Barrier room anyways... I got Dispel Barrier before I even saw a Troglodyte

thank you all for your help, after looking at other threads I figured that not all was lost, so to speak, I was afraid I'd be stuck and incapable of  advancing the main quest but thank god it's not the case.

basically, I have played every game that Jeff made and, for once, I wanted to have ALL the open quests disappear from the log once they are completed, I found the ones related to food, clothes etc supremely annoying to be still there when it's all said and done... so I guess it's not going to be the case not even with Ruined World, at least in this play through.

what disconcerted me a little bit is that, even after you kill Vokhtaro and report his death to Aminro, still the guy in Sharimik acts like he knows nothing about it. you would figure he would be mad at you or something but at least there should be a dialogue option to close the thread.