It was a very good game but...

Valdain the King

I liked avadon 2. It was more fun than the first. The tactics improved. I learned the system a little bit better. I only have one regret: The last part where you run towards foresight fort. I thought that the respawning enemies was ridiculous. I had a tough time and spent almost an hour 10 minutes trying to run through and respawn party. Jeff did that with Hawthorn in Avernum. I avoid that quest. I prefer Geneforge where you dont get locked into that. Otherwise was a great game. Better than first. I especially liked Miranda fight. It was very unique and havent seen that one before. I was hoping that Miranda just became main bad guy oh well.

If and when replay, I am giving main character shadowalker and teleport stone. Problem solved :)

Yes, I agree, although I felt a bit cheated by not being able to go upstairs to fight the invaders, especially in a playthrough in which I remained faithful to Redbeard.

I would have preferred a long fight against numerous enemies and that only after defeating them I was allowed to return to Fort Foresight.

I understand that this is the game, and that every end may seem little rewarding after all the hard work done to get to that point.

However, I believe that a number of other players would have preferred to have more alternatives.

• 3 months later...

I was really surprised that it just ended when it did. I was expecting final battle with all my characters to help. I ended the game with nine circle of fire spells that I was saving for the final battle inside the fort or perhaps in Avadon itself, but the battle never came.

I really enjoyed the game until the very end, fighting through all the spawning enemies. I thought that was ridiculous and did not enjoy it because there seemed no chance of winning. It just went on and on and on. I finally had to just teleport over them and then run to the fort, fully expecting one last battle that never came. You shouldn't have to end your game by running from a fight. You should have a definite battle to win, darn it.

So other than the endgame outside the fort it was an excellent game. Those endlessly spawning enemies kinda ruined it for me, but I certainly enjoyed myself until that point.

That was your final fight, though I admit it wasn't telegraphed as well as it could have been. But there was an opportunity for another fight if you had chosen, and it would have been pretty climactic indeed.

EDIT: To clarify, that final battle where you're dashing to Redbeard is, in one sense, the final fight. It's maybe not totally obvious that's what it is, but that's what it is. So the fact that you ended up with some extra scrolls and stuff and were running for your life might not just be coincidence — you were supposed to use up all those scrolls blasting your way through to Redbeard.

But, in another sense, there was a final fight waiting for you that you just didn't take. You could have challenged Redbeard and fought him. That battle is a climactic final battle. You chose not to do it, though.

Aha! Yes, I decided to be loyal on my first playthrough. I've started again, this time on Hard, and am discovering a buncha stuff I missed the first time. I just robbed the Rockridge treasury in the basement, for example. Didn't even see that before.

Next time I'll challenge Redbeard, then, and use my scrolls against him! Thanks!