End of Days - An AIMHack Campaign!

nikki.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it's taken so long. A few things:

1. Here's the log for session 1.

2. If everybody is still free to do Thursdays, then I'm hoping to have a session on the 7th July (that's just under a week) at the same time as last session. If there's anybody who can't make it (or if there's a clash with Dikiyoba's campaign, I'll bring out the calender.

3. Quotes! You lot, with the exception of Selffar and Zatira need to be more quotable. Anyway:

Quote:

Selffar "Ooh, Aluar, you like religious oppression, right?"

Selffar "So, my last recommendation didn't take? Maybe you'll prefer this one!" I throw another book.

Zatira "Candles? Are we here to kill the witch or have dinner with her?"

Zatira "I don't care! I'll find her and kill her if I have to wait until the world ends and starts all over again!"

Aluar: "My knife! She will pay for that. I'll make a new one from her bones""

Aluar: "I will kneel to no witch!"

Aaron: "What are you talking about, hag?"

Aaron: I point to the sheep. "Well there's a good sign."

Hexelion: "In you old age? Are you saying you get younger with time?"

Hexelion: "Um, yeah." I say, putting a hand to my head. "Sure. Just so long as we're doing something. No offense, but this talk of time is making my head hurt."

Cassandra: "I think I know what's happening. Or will happen. Or has happened. I think I know what's going to go or possible is going on."

Cassandra: "Mariona?! Ha, that isn't a name that's been heard said for millenia. The old gods are dead, dear. They can't hear you here."

4. I need to read up on alchemy, but I know I still owe Selffar a handful of reagents.

5. The real winner of the session is Nalyd, though I had to remove the offending text for the boards. frown

Originally Posted By: Nioca
Wait, session five?! What happened to sessions two through four?

Oh right. You haven't done them yet. Session 3 was a particularly good one for Hexelion.

----

Originally Posted By: From Of Chaos and Order by Good Witch Kendril

The two elements of Chaos and Order define all on Mote, and the planes beyond. In the physical world, the two are in balance, more or less. Not so on "Discord", as this fissure in time has been affectionately named. Chaos is the driving force, and Order is left largely by the wayside.

sweeeeeet

Click to reveal..
Name: Zatira

Race: Human

Alignment: Ambitious

Lvl: 2

Str: 3

Dex: 5

Int: 3

HP: 16/16

Stm: 3/10

Martial (Crossbows): 4

Nature: 3

First Aid: 3

Perception: 2+1 (RB)

Stealth: 2+1 (RB)

Artifice: 1

Spare Skill Points: 1

Click to reveal..
Name: Aluar Malara de la Torre Arce y Santo Reinoso
Race: Lacewing
Deity: Mariona
Alignment: Peace. Really.

Strength: 3 (+1)
Dexterity: 5
Intelligence: 3
HP: 15 (+3)

Composure: 4 (+2)
History: 2 (+1 Racial Bonus included)
Martial(Knives): 2
Perception: 1
Stealth: 3
Streetwise: 3 (+1)
Thievery: 3 (+1 Racial Bonus included)

Yay, level! And I think it's time to graduate Hexelion into an actual tank.

Click to reveal.. (Hexelion Tyralson, Level II)
HEXELION TYRALSON

RACE: Elf, Male

PERSONALITY: Reasonable

DEITY: Sliros

LVL: 02 | XP: 00/30

STR: 04 | HP: 06/17 (HP is last known number. Gains from rest/healing unknown)

DEX: 03 | SPD: 5

INT: 04 | STM: 06/10 (STM is last known number. Gains from rest unknown)

Martial (Shortblades): 5 (+2) [15 XP]

Magic (Enchantment): 3 [6 XP]

Composure: 2 [RB+1 XP]

Streetwise: 2 [RB+1 XP]

Perception: 2 [3 XP]

Artifice: 2 [3 XP]

Stealth: 1 (+1) [1 XP]

Martial (Thrown Missiles): 0 [untrained]

I think we'll need updates on our current HP/STM levels, though. Between the level, the rest, and the healing applied during the rest, its hard to tell where we are.

Yay level!

Click to reveal..
Name: Aaron

Race: Human

Deity: Imaunte

Alignment: Willful

Level: 2

HP: ?? / 16

STM: ?? / 10

STR: 3

DEX: 3

INT: 5

Martial (swords): 3 (3 SP spent)

Magic (enchantment): 3 (3 SP spent)

History: 4 (4 SP spent)

Composure: 3

Artifice: 1

Perception: 2 (RB)

Stealth: 1 (RB)

Spells:

Vertigo - Distorts one target's perception of space. They suffer a reduction in accuracy and have a hard time maintaining their balance.

Bliss - Presents one target with a pleasing fantasy in an attempt to distract them. Those effected become less perceptive of their surroundings. This spell has little effect when the target is alert and focused, such as during combat.

Charisma - (Costs one stamina) Surrounds one target with an air of confidence and charm. They receive a bonus to their Composure for a time.

Nightmare Aura - (Costs one stamina) Makes nearby enemies perceive the caster as a horrific monster. Those most affected will become terrified, and those less affected will be provoked into attacking the caster. The effect is strongest near the caster.

Shadow Pall: Surrounds the target and the area around them in a cloud of magical darkness. The cloud will follow the target around until the illusion wears off. Anyone inside the cloud is difficult to see and is effectively blind. Those skilled at enchantment magic have an easier time seeing through the illusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'll totally do that. I appreciate you all took a battering, and then I very wishy-washily had E heal you/you rested.

Okay pre-level/healing I had you at:

Zatira: 13/13hp, 3/10stm

Aaron: 3/13hp, 1/10stm

Aluar: 9/12hp, 5/10stm

Hexelion: 6/13hp, 6/10stm

Selffar 8/13hp, 8/10stm

If those seem wildly wrong to anybody, let me know - it's possible that I messed up during the chase and forgot to adjust hp. Also, Aaron I have a note that Aaron in particular was healed for 5 points, but until I see the log, I have no idea if thats after everything.

At this point I'm kind of inclined to give you full hp/stamina, especially considering what's coming next, but I'll see how I feel after I go through the log.

Log! For session 2! Sorry it's a PDF - I dunno how I made the last one presentable in a text format, but I just couldn't do it for this one, so it's the best we have.

Secondly, quotes:

Quote:

Aluar: "They flop around in the funniest way when they're dying..."

Selffar: "See, I told them she was lying! I was right and I didn't even know it!"

Zatira: "So we should be on the lookout for people who are trying to kill us?"

Zatira: "Actually, I guess that's good advice in general."

Esstra: "Right. Maybe. I don't know Cassandra's plan. She keeps talking about eggs and omelettes. I was never one for cooking myself."

Aaron: "We're not exactly sure which witch you mean."

Hexelion: "Oy..." I put a palm to my forehead.

Finally:

I know I need to sort out HP/Stamina totals. I'll get back to you before the session. Zatira also rolled to identify her new weapon. I'll deal with that when I next see Lilith online.

Reminder: it's about 2 hours until Session 3, and I'm going to do something no other DM has managed - I'm going to GUARANTEE the death of a party member.

So, if you like crying players, timey-wimey stuff, massive fights, and a ridiculously long cut-scene that the party will, in all honesty, probably miss, come along!