E3, somewhere around Libras

Callie

You can open the outdoor.dat file in the MS-Dos Edit command and examine it, that should show you what is actually there. When line width is 48, the relevant outdoor zone starts at line 5,233.

I forget if the spell True Sight works outdoors. (No, it does not.) I take it that you are referring to x = 307, y = 417 and x = 308, y = 417. The coordinates were returned by the Location spell.

Edit: the relevant squares seem to equate to line 5,253 column 10 and line 5,254 column 10 of Outdoor.dat, when line width = 48. From what I can see there is nothing in either square that is important.

Several times in my Exile 3 career, I ran across a little debugging utility that allowed me to move through any terrain. Don't ask how, because I don't know. I mashed my forehead against the keyboard, and a message came up.

Anyway. Point is, I used it to determine several things. There's nothing in Erika's back room, there's nothing in Sulfras' back room, the city in the Empire Third Army's camp is another way into Kriszan, and there is absolutely nothing in that infuriating rectangle of trees near Libras.

Possibly a mistake, possibly Jeff didn't expect anyone to penetrate that far into a hostile encampment. If they did they would obviously need a place to rest up after a lot of heavy fighting. Has anyone actually fought their way into this camp? I guess that Kriszan would not be hostile even after you fight the soldiers in the Empire Camp.

You can't fight your way in. You can either glitch or hack (or apparently debug) to get there, but there's no correct way in. It probably sends you to Krizsan because Krizsan has the default town number for an entrance not set to anything else (town 0 in BoE parlance).

—Alorael, who considers getting sent to Krizsan better than getting stuck inside a wall, which is another possible result of going where you're not meant to be.