dumb questions about E1 character editor

ixfd64

I have a few questions about the editor for E:EftP.

I was very frustrated with one part of the game, so I used the character editor to give 20 luck and level 7 mage/priest to a few of the characters. However, after I got through that part, I decided to lower the stats back to what it was, the editor would not let me do it! Does anyone know how to lower a skill using the editor? THe "-" button does not respond.

Also, does anyone know how to restore spell points? The editor only seems to restore HP and not SP. Thanks.

In Exile 1 you can wander into tough areas quite easily but you can in E3 too. Don't use the pregenerated parties, they are a bit useless.

I never found the game that hard. In the beginning Bless and Haste your fighters, that seems to do the trick against Slith Warriors. I would have three fighters and three spellcasters.

Originally Posted By: ixfd64
I don't know if it's just me, but Exile seems significantly harder than Exile III.
I've always considered E1 the hardest of the trilogy. I didn't even know what I was supposed to do until I registered it, and looked at the hint book.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
you could recharge wands for extra firepower and healing.
I wish Jeff would've kept the "Recharge" spell. It would make life so much easier at times.