Battle skills for an infiltrator - why?

Fade

I'm playing an agent infiltrator and vaporising everything with powerful battle magic. I have battle skills as my secondary, but why would I want to learn to use a sword/baton when I've already invested a bunch of points in killing things with Ice Spray and Essence Orbs? It seems to be redundant.

Which is why I advocate the Servile over the Infiltrator. The Servile has no worries what so ever if he runs out of energy mid battle. He can just stand there and take it while his energy builds back up.

If Jeff made a sword that stole energy and essence with each hit, the Servile would become God.

I haven't bothered to train missile since Geneforge 1; it just clutters up your inventory with disposables when you already have perfectly reliable, versatile ranged weapons in your magic.

But I do like getting up close and personal on targets, and with strong blessing/mental magics you don't need much more than mediocre skill. Quick action is always valuable, and makes your sword strikes deadlier. And as pointed out, swinging a piece of metal conserves your juice, esp for those 'oh****' situations that a sword doesn't solve.

Quote:
Originally written by Delicious Vlish:
Which is why I advocate the Servile over the Infiltrator. The Servile has no worries what so ever if he runs out of energy mid battle. He can just stand there and take it while his energy builds back up.

If Jeff made a sword that stole energy and essence with each hit, the Servile would become God.
My infiltrator had no problems. She had a bit more essence so I was able to make a better team to make up for whatever endurance difference there was. She had more spell energy so didn't run out as quickly and when she did her blade was fine.