Intel Mac: what about the save files?

Thralni

I just rtied a save file of any Avernum game, and it simply doesn't recognize them as save files. Even worse, my Intel mac doesn't recognize the cmg file of my scenario as a cmg file. The editor works perfectly, recognizes the .bas file, but all custom graphics are left out.

Anybody understand this?

I'm going to install Windows XP today.

All Avernum games work briliantly and fast on my Intel Imac. That is, after I downloaded all Intel based versions of the games. However, together with a lot of files I already had on my old G3 Imac running Mac OS 9.2.2, the save files aren't recognized as save files.

I will email jeff. Thanks for trying to help.

EDIT: I just downloaded Resfool (Resedit doesn't work on Mac OS X) and it says that the cmg file doesn't have a resource fork, menaing that I'll have to remake it with the pics from Windows. At least one mystaery is solved now.

EDIT2: never mind. Also when I recreate the cmg file using Resfool the bloody editor doesn't recognzie the file. I'm getting frustarted indeed, because this would mean that i can't make any proper scenario on this machine!

I solved my scenario problem, and I think that if I do the same with the save files, they will work too. What I did (and I invented this in the middle of the night):

1) Compress all needed files with Stuffit Dropstuff;

2) Put them on my Intel mac;

3) Decompress the files

This way the cmg file is spared and everything still works.