Any unbalances?

Retlaw May

I was just thinking about any unbalances in G4 and was wondering if anyone thought there were some tweaks that should be introduced when G5 comes out. I, personally, think that slowing hits that happen automatically with each hit are a bit on the unbalanced side. I know that there weren't really any neccessary foes you had to kill that were overlypowerful in this aspect, but I am biased against it having just run a no magic no nothing character. It got rediculas when the Ur-Drakons were hitting me 10 times in a row without me getting a single AP.

Creations are relatively unbalancing since you can wander into areas where reinforcements are created like Western Morass and just let them fight while you get to explore.

Jeff thought he had created impossible areas that were meant to keep Rebel players from getting through them. He hadn't counted on the tactics of players like Delicious Vlish.

There was a debate a little while ago that talked about the classes.

If I recall correctly, Shaping skill bonuses quit after the tenth skill point. With the right items, you can apparently shape any creation without ever investing a single point into the skill set.

The two best classes: Servile or Lifecrafter. Why? Neither class has a real weakness. Serviles get the most HP out of any class, are just as skilled in melee as a Warrior, and, unlike the Warrior, are proficient with spells. On the other hand, the Lifecrafter gets a huge essence bonus. You can essentially pump him full of defensive skills to offset his low HP and let an army of creations do the fighting.

The rest of the classes have some sort of weakness.

I'm not sure what effect this will have on your enjoyment unless you are powergaming.

Edit:

To directly answer your question, every time you invest in a skill two times, the cost goes up one skill point. Though this wont make a big difference at first, it eventually adds up. Characters strong in something will have a lower cost early game.

For example: The Warrior is strong in fighting skills. His base cost for melee weapons is 1. The Lifecrafter is weak in fighting skills. His base cost for melee weapons is around 4 or 5.