You gain new insight

Hello,

I've had the message "You gain new insight" at least twice after drinking from basins with potion.

I have looked at skill points and traits, but I can't see what this message means. How does it show, that my partymembers have gained new insight?

Where should I look for the effects?

(Is it just ironic?)

pretty tough…

It'd also work to let one be killed towards the end of a fight. When you're sure, you're gonna win.

On the other hand, I think it's quite critical to let one character lag behind.

My slith did have a lot of trouble in the Drake Pillars/New Harston - area, because of his 'race-penalty'. Also in the beginning of the game, I had chosen to give him 'nimble feet', because I thought an Archer-Pole-Fighter might need it…

Meanwhile he's become pretty useful, because we found some nice weapons for him and especially, because he has aquired a lot of battle disciplines. But boy, did that take dying!

I still can't send him for meat-shield-actions.

Actually all my characters have certain flaws which make them dependend on the others. If any of them dies early in a fight I never win.

Well, than maybe it's only the nimble feet penalty.

He got 12% experience-penalty, and he lags behind about five levels.

On the other hand by now it doesn't really count anymore. He's got a good choice of battle disciplines. The first 10 ones… He really turns a lot of fights by now.

Originally Posted By: Tcheedchee
Well, than maybe it's only the nimble feet penalty.
He got 12% experience-penalty, and he lags behind about five levels.

Don't forget the 20% experience penalty he gets just for being a slith. So he has a 32% total experience penalty with nimble fingers. By the end of the game, normally he should be about 4 levels behind where a human with no traits would be. Sounds like he has been missing out on extra experience while unconscious as well.

-S-