Getting my hands on Gladwell

NewPlayer

I've reached the point in the game where I figure I should be able to get my hands on Gladwell, and I'd really like to take him out.

I reached the village of Muck, and I spoke with an explorer who told me to look for some caverns that should let me reach Gladwell. However, I went east like he explained, and I don't seem able to find them.

Are they connected to the Giant's Spire? There is a platform there that I cannot operate. It says I need to find a part to operate it, but I can't find any such part. Is this related?

Advice would be appreciated.

I made it! I had a little bit of trouble with the Soultaker, and then I wandered around aimlessly for a while before finding the secret room near the coffin.

After that, finally killing Gladwell was one of the most satisfying moments of A5 so far. I've been enjoying the game overall, so that's pretty high praise.

Great game. This is the second Spiderweb game I've downloaded, the first I've registered. I think I'll probably go back and play some of the earlier titles in the series as well.

• 4 weeks later...

guys i just killed gladwell, an awesome battle laugh . but im still geased!.. i want to do quests for shafrir, but his machine cant remove the residue (it says the exact same thing it did when gladwell was alive). I got all three items for him so im not sure i get why i even had the geas anyway... but whatever, how can i permanently remove it?

also, i broke a crystal that gladwell was standing beside, it freed the soul of a woman in gladwells inn, is this relevant to anything?

On a related note: Is there anything plot-wise related to smashing that crystal with the woman's spirit inside? I went back to the front entrance of Gladwell's keep to check if anyone was behaving differently, and all his folks attacked me and fought to the death! They all seemed still in thrall - and mighty ticked off that Gladwell had been slain...

• 1 month later...