finishing quests before taking them

Jasgot

This is a great game so far, but I have a problem. Many job board quests can be finished before taken, and so you can never get the reward.

For example, in New Harston, there is a quest to kill 20 of The Rat Lords rats. Unfortunately, I had already killed them all when I saw the job board.

What I would suggest is that when the quest is taken, the game should check if it is already finished.

Oddly enough, I do seem to recall the same thing with the scuttler eyes during beta. I just forgot about it, because I never missed out on it again afterwards. It's probably due to the special item count (eyes, rats) not being triggered unless you got the quest. Then again - maybe it's something entirely different altogether. Who would know but Jeff? And he's on vacation. eek

edit: spelling - again

Yes, I'm seeing the same sort of deal. If I recall, this is what I did.. I did see the Mayor to to give her the job board message and also do the kill Kwhathisname, then went back down and talked to the General. This gave me a Quest to get my travel papers. Then I went back to the Mayor, but the quest didn't go away even though I already accepted it.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with the scuttler eyes. I've got six and can get no more. I've beaten every gong multiple times, even killed the little guys that are peaced, just in case.

I did go upstairs after killing the guy but before killing all the charmed scuttlers. I came back downstairs and wiped them out eventually, but I wonder if somehow two got away?

In any event, I can live without the benefits of finishing the quest, but I'd like to clear it off my journal. Any way to do that?

I've had the same problem with the rats, and also the Black Wight - I ran into him, and had to kill him, before I found the quest to do so. And I don't recall getting a skull when I killed him. It is kind of annoying when a random encounter in which you end up accomplishing something prevents you from accomplishing it later on...

Quote:
Originally written by spidersilk:
I've had the same problem with the rats, and also the Black Wight - I ran into him, and had to kill him, before I found the quest to do so. And I don't recall getting a skull when I killed him. It is kind of annoying when a random encounter in which you end up accomplishing something prevents you from accomplishing it later on...
Go back after you get the quest for the Black Wight's skull in Shankar's Tower and you will be able to get the skull as soon as you enter the room where it waited. It's faster to sail south and go into the area from the spot with the Ruby Skeleton.

It's especially important to talk to Kingsley in Ahorania? about the magical tunnels you can't access at the Chitrach Nest in Anama Land before you leave the area because then you can't complete Lark's quest for the Mindwrap Chitrach head.

Sadly, this means you can't access any of her quests after that because she doesn't give you a new quest until you've completed the prior one.