Joining the Darkside Loyalists

Strayer

Also, an unrelated question, say you delete some of your characters at the beginning (I wanted to try a singleton game). Is there anywhere in game where you can get new characters? I remember waaay back in Exile 1 if you deleted them you could touch the portal that you started from to generate a new character.

Quote:
Originally written by olop4444:
I don't think you can delete characters, but you can join the Darkside Loyalists.
You can delete characters. He knows you can delete characters. He wants to know whether it's possible to create new characters during the game. The answer is yes: you can use the Edit Party option to create and delete characters at any time.

I don't know exactly what the requirements are to join the Darkside Loyalists, but basically you have to give pro-Darkside Loyalist opinions throughout the game and not kill certain major DL NPCs. As the DL agent in Tranquility tells you, killing Solberg and stealing his papers will also give you major brownie points with them.

Basically there are two places where you absolutely have to do certain things to be able to join the Darkside Loyalists. After leaving the Vahanatai Lands when you meet Ruth, you have to be able to show a sign of loyalty (have let Tholmen live in the Howling Depths, have Solberg's papers, or killed Solberg). When you reach the Darkside Loyalist lands past Melanchion's Keep there will be an additional test of getting Belichick free from Melanchion. Then when you reach Dorikas' Fortress you can join.

Also it helps to have talked about joining to Ruth in Exodus, not to have kill Domont in Solberg's Tower, let Tholmen live (but not necessary), helped out the traitor that spies for Dorikas about your movements.

courtesy of Thuryl

Quote:
As the DL agent in Tranquility tells you, killing Solberg and stealing his papers will also give you major brownie points with them.

This may be where I went wrong in my first playthrough. I do not recall meeting a Loyalist agent in Tranquility. Who is it, and where might I find this person? I don't mind spoilers.