Pit Crawler?

BrownieMix

When you get to the area with the red and blue stone ringed pools, there is a spiraling path in the northeast that circles into the pit crawler area. This is the zone north of the elevator.

Those lava spewing caldera only get worse. The trick is to have someone with healing spells hang back to heal the rest.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally written by JP:
The pit crawler is hard to find and harder to kill. Its spawns were annoying, but when he decided to move a slaughtered my party. Any idea to defeat it?
Equip your toughest character with the Bonding Knife and as much magic resistance gear as you have. Use him as a human wall while other characters plink at the Pit Crawler from as far away as possible with ranged attacks. At least, that's what worked for me.

It was a tought battle indeed. I discovered that the pit crawler is immune to fire, acid, poison, cold and smite. Trying to attack him with melee weapons was a bad idea as he rispostes wonderfully and you get poisoned.

Also, when I first entered I took care of the worms -because the Pit Crawler does not attack you immediately, he just "watches" I guess. But this was a bad idea, the worms keep coming. Next time (when I reloaded frown I started attacking him immediately and found that the only way to combat him was with ranged weapons. Javelins and bows rock, especially if your warrios uses a battle discipline before wink

I'm not sure I remember this battle well anymore, but I think that maybe my singleton broke down and used invulnerability potions for this one. I do remember having a couple of good summons going against all those abyssal worms, so probably they chipped in on the beast itself to good effect. I bet slowing was important as well.