Fort Remote

Genevieve

Avernum 4:

Hi! I went to fight R-I and the guys that were helping me disappeared when I went back to Fort Remote to heal up. I thought they would reappear when I got to R-I (don't know how to spell the crazy lady's name!) anyway, they did not. I fought her and she escaped and I'm at a loss --- is this a technical problem? Am I missing something with the story line?

Thanks!

Genevieve

The Vahnatai that help you move around. First to get them to R-I's fort, then they wait to enter, then they wander downstairs to the doorway, and finally inside. It's possible that they got killed off by the guards and traps, but when I played I went ahead each time to clear the way and make sure they didn't suck up my experience.

Quote:
Originally written by Genevieve:
I thought they would reappear when I got to R-I (don't know how to spell the crazy lady's name!)
Quote:
Originally written by deltaflyer:
Rentar-Ihrno
Hey, I'm a grammar nazi.
Quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:
That was not a grammatical error, or any kind of error at all. Since when are abbreviations not grammatically correct? tongue
I think the intention was to specify the correct spelling in light of the original poster's statement, not to correct the original poster's grammar (which, as you say, would be nonsensical).

R-I is fortunately unambiguous, though, so the actual spelling doesn't really matter. I'm not sure why Rentar-Ihrno would be difficult to spell, though, if one at least read the name aloud once phonetically. Then again, I've had the same thought about the word "vahnatai," and we know the tendencies there.

Quote:
Originally written by Slartucker forever ago:
One last note. Spelling is especially important when you refer to an NPC you didn't create. If you want someone to talk about Rentar-Ihrno, for example, look up the spelling of her name, don't guess (Rintarino? Rent-Arono?). If you're not careful, she might just throw some quickfire at you.
Ah, good old "Notes on Dialogue."