Some questions regarding Geneforge 3

1) Is the mystery of the locked door on Geneforge 2 revealsed on Geneforge 3?

2) I'm on the second island, if I help the shaper here, will I be able to change my mind later and help the rebels?

3) If I stay with the shapers and use canisters will I get the "Oh you helped the shapers, but you used canister so we'll lock you forever in a cell" ending like in geneforge 2?

1. Oh, yes. Big time. You'll know by the end of the game.

2. Yes. You can change your mind quite a few times. Even if you work against them, I think the rebels will be willing to take you even up to the final island.

3. Sort of, yes. It's not that bad, but the Shaper ending is always better if you avoid canisters.

Wait, what?

I've finished GF3 but haven't started GF2. Could someone please tell me what door in Gf3 is being referenced? Is it the one you are "scared away from" that's part of the rebel's quest?

And yeah, the rebels are real nappy-headed ho's. They'll accept you into their ranks even if you were 100% pro-shaper up until the final island.

As for canisters, use all you want. Simply use the above-mentioned cheat to get the non-canister ending.