Essence Orbs Q

In G3 (and G4), Essence Orbs has a base damage of 1-20 and does 1-5 damage per level of spell strength.

I don't know how blessing affects damage output (I think it just adds some levels) but the setup you described (spell strength of 32) would do an average of 106 damage unblessed, in the range of 33-180. Because there are 33 rolls involved, the lowest and highest parts of that range will occur extremely rarely.

That's against an enemy with no magic resistance.

I suspect that whoever was talking about 300-400 damage output -- and it was probably Delicious Vlish -- was talking about damage per turn when hasted.

Quote:
Originally written by Facepalming Hecatonchire:
In G3 (and G4), Essence Orbs has a base damage of 1-20 and does 1-5 damage per level of spell strength.

I don't know how blessing affects damage output (I think it just adds some levels) but the setup you described (spell strength of 32) would do an average of 106 damage unblessed, in the range of 33-180. Because there are 33 rolls involved, the lowest and highest parts of that range will occur extremely rarely.

That's against an enemy with no magic resistance.

I suspect that whoever was talking about 300-400 damage output -- and it was probably Delicious Vlish -- was talking about damage per turn when hasted.
Yes. That is called a damage spread. I refere to it many times. How much output per turn.

When I do say per shot, I usually try to make a mention for one shot.

Damage spreads reflect your potential damage output per turn.