how to git into the temple in spirit city

Ok. You asked a question. We get it. One question mark is plenty.

*Sigh* Alrighty for those of you who would rather figure this out on your own, don't read the rest of this post. Keep in mind that the temple is a bit of an easter egg in the sense that you don't have to get inside to beat the game. It also does not get you any special items or anything like that. However, get inside and you learn something shocking.

Alrighty. If you've made it to spirit city, you have undoubtabley come across those stone pilons where there is a spot worn smooth, and you can touch it and then you get the stinging sensation, or feel nothing special. In order to enter the temple, you have to touch these pilons in a certain order. This order is(these are the areas that the piloms are in):

Drayk's vale, Ancient Crypt, Diarazad, Junkyard, Dry Wastes, Western Wastes, Valley of the Wind, and then the one right outside the temple. If done correctly, the temple pilon won't cover you in acid, and you'll be able to get inside the temple without getting hurt.

• 4 months later...

**Possible SPOILER Ahead**

If I remember correctly, the basic idea is that there were people on Sulica Island before Shapers got there (like Native Americans) and those people could use magic. These people are responsible for the ruins that you find in various places.

This looks unticlimatic as a one sentence summary, but is a lot more impressive as several screens of information given to you in the game atmosphere as a reward for solving a hard puzzle.

I just reread that secret in the script files and I have to say "wow!".

It turns out I was wrong about that secret. When I originally played Geneforge, the secret was simply a very nice piece of information. However, rereading it now, after seeing the story of Geneforge 2 and beginning of Geneforge 3, I see a whole new meaning for that text.

Here it is. (*Spoiler Warning!*) http://www.geocities.com/zeviz1/Geneforge_secret.html

Quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:
I just reread that secret in the script files and I have to say "wow!".

It turns out I was wrong about that secret. When I originally played Geneforge, the secret was simply a very nice piece of information. However, rereading it now, after seeing the story of Geneforge 2 and beginning of Geneforge 3, I see a whole new meaning for that text.

Here it is. (*Spoiler Warning!*) http://www.geocities.com/zeviz1/Geneforge_secret.html
wow, thanks so much, I won't feel left out anymore when people talk about the topic. It was a very nice piece of information.

Hey, If I've already pressed some of the pylons but in the wrong order can I start over and still be able to get in the temple unharmed? I will probably find out later today or maby this week as I haven't cleared all the areas you said that have the pylons I have to touch, but please tell me anyway so as not to waste any time.

Not that I have anything better to do... smile

• 2 months later...
Quote:
Originally written by Learned Noremac:
In order to enter the temple, you have to touch these pilons in a certain order. This order is(these are the areas that the piloms are in):
Drayk's vale, Ancient Crypt, Diarazad, Junkyard, Dry Wastes, Western Wastes, Valley of the Wind, and then the one right outside the temple.
Wait, did you say Junkyard? :=S
The only pillar at the junkyard is the one in a secluded cave to the west, and it's not of the touchable type, so... is there a pillar i didn't find?