canister effects

I absolutely adore canisters. I can easily gobble up an entire room full of them without hesitating about the known side effects. The insanity aspect makes the power you wield a little more entertaining.

Ah! Sucia Island, full of unused canisters! <slurp, gobble gobble>. Mmmm! A little snack to tide me over until I get to use the Geneforge...

Quote:
Originally written by Dolphin:
I'm at the point where I have used enough to have nasty thoughts, but I still have control. If I keep using them will I harm everyone before gaining information, or will it stay with thoughts of lashing out?
Given that my general style of play is to kill all and sundry the canisters just streamline the process - none of this useless blather, asking about their health and their mother and how things have been going - would you like a nice cup of tea dear? Can I fetch your dressing gown? Afterall, if you are an uber-shaper what do you care for the throughts of puny creatures?

In sum, you are already corrupt - you might as well make sure that you are absolutely corrupt. It does not in anyway prevent you from finishing the game.

I wonder what's the number of canisters that's the tipping point? In the current game I'm playing, siding with the rebels but not wanting to go completely insane, I'd like to use them a little when they help. Maybe this is cheating, but because most of the canisters I've seen help out with shaping, which don't help my agent very much, I tend to do a save before trying them - and if it doesn't give me something really cool, I'll undo that and go back to my saved game.

When I was playing for the Rebels I got as far as Gull Island (hope that's the right spelling) before I started seeing the serviles as nothing but stacked shapes that were being disrespectful to me, I also had to resist running over and using canisters. I lost control only one time, and it was with the serviles. Long story short you can use a pretty good number of them.

Edit: Is there any way for me to steal the canister of Create Drayk in the Inner Keep without making the guards attack me?

wha-what? Canisters make you go nuts? maybe I shoul have gotten the first 2 games but- what happens? I'm nuts enough already.

also, what does the shaper on the second isle let you learn if you are acting loyal to the shapers by not using canisters and stuff?

also, this is my first posting.

yyyaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. In G1 and G2 canisters only made you glow and get a bit stronger. They also made you look at every other life form as objects, but that was the extent of it. They affect the outcome of the game, but the Shapers seem to punish you no matter what. As for G3 canisters have a much stronger effect. If you are playing a rebel you may attack the ruder of the serviles if you use enough. I didn't have this problem as a loyalist, that is to say I didn't attack any allies. They make you more hostile and less tolerant.

2. Using canisters will not alter how the Shapers treat you in the game. They will give some warnings, but no one will deny you due to canister use.

• 1 month later...

I just edited a script to give me all the skills and creature spells without canisters so i can choose wether to use them for corruption or not without making my setting(hardest) any harder.

Actually i am not going to use it till i win once but then army of drakons from start!!!

It's nice to see all endings!