Good ideas and plot, lack of scripting knoledge

aliklik

It's been a while since we've had one of these. I'll just get the obligatory remarks out of the way immediately: a number of people make nigh on identical posts about the same thing every now and then, and virtually none ever get any response. The threads just die.

Learn to script. It's not that hard. If you have any specific questions, post them.

The last time we talked at length about collaboration and why it doesn't work appears to be here .

Not to shoot down your idea here, but most programmers would prefer to use their own scenario ideas since they have more of an interest in what they are creating. That's not to say that someone won't take you up on your offer, but you are probably better off asking for help on learning how to use the editor to create your own scenario. Either way, here is hoping that you do decide to learn to use the editor and create a good scenario for the community here to enjoy.

i tried to use the wlak through it give you but for some readon that town its dupposed to come with doesn't work. I've redownloaded the file but heroes grove still doesn't work so i'm unable to use the walkthrough. If anyone has any idead why that is, it would be very helpfull.

Sigh. Did you read the error message? You need to move... oh, bloody hell.

From the header on these boards:

"If you run the editor and it immediately gives you a ton of errors (like that it can't find the "Warrior's Grove" file), you need to move the editor application (.exe file) itself into the "Data" (Windows) or "Blades of Avernum Files" (Mac) folder."

Probably they would go with the programmer's BoE since plot probably is compatible with both.

As for spelling......

I you can read quite a few different topics on that all expressing the same thing. Spelling is important to a lot of the members on this board, which makes it advisable to pay some attention to it. Misspelling distracts from the whatever merit there is what you are trying to say, and makes it hard for me at least to take the writer seriously. correct spelling shows that you put enough time/effort into your post for it to be worth reading smile

Not that I am the perfect speller or anything.

Don't worry too much about the scripting langauge. It is extremely simple in comparison to any real scripting system. But it is certainly more difficult to learn than the nodes system from BoE.

I haven't touched BoA for well over 3 months now, but the familiarity it has with most scripting languages makes it hard to forget its basics. The more complex things can be easily explained by us if you ask.