help with zoom

yes

say i'm in editor, in the nw corner of my screen and want to move to the se corner. is there a quicker easier way to do this than scrolling over?

also, when i've zoomed out and located the part of town i want to edit, is there a way to zoom in to that part?

If you are a macintosh (mine is OSX so dunno if it will work for you) but when I am in 3D editor (haven't really done any editing but on 3D) hold the shift button and the direction on the keypad that you wish to go, and it will move you a distance, hold control and the direction and it will take you all the way across the current area in the direction that you press.

Quote:
Originally written by yes:
say i'm in editor, in the nw corner of my screen and want to move to the se corner. is there a quicker easier way to do this than scrolling over?
You mean, you're in the northwest corner of the town, and you want to go to the southeast? To do this, press CONTROL-3 (3 on the numeric keypad). Scrolling all the way across the map is a standard feature.

Quote:
Originally written by yes:
also, when i've zoomed out and located the part of town i want to edit, is there a way to zoom in to that part?
None that I've ever found, sorry. However that makes me think that I shall implement something in my 3D Editor: OPTION-CLICK on a location to center on that location, in any mode of zoom.

• 3 weeks later...