Resource editors?

Thanks for the answers.

The Graphics Adjuster looks good otherwise but seems to have problems in selecting and showing the graphics. (I have iBook G4 10.4.9.) ResKnife works, but it doesn't show graphics, only the code. ResEdit would be great but doesn't work in OSX.

With google I found Rezilla, seems to be pretty good, and has worked so far.

ResEdit is not really free, but the only defence it has against pirating is an annoying timer, that will let you wait before saving anything. It's annoying, but you can use the program.

I wanted to ask this for a long time now, and since there is a topic about it now, i might as well ask: Who knows of a resource editor that will let me meddle with snd resources? Resfool doesn't work with me, ResEdit on my old Mac complains about having too little memory, the free ones don't do the job and the Resorcerer is $128. Is there any other one that I have missed maybe?

Rezilla is ok but not great; I use it for the things I can't do with Graphic Adjuster.

Thralni, what version of ResEdit are you using? Every version I have seen or used was totally free and unencumbered.

Milu, can you tell me more about the problems you're having with Graphic Adjuster? I'd like to fix it up to work better on the newer versions of the OS.

Quote:
Originally written by Niemand:
Thralni, what version of ResEdit are you using? Every version I have seen or used was totally free and unencumbered.
My bad, I meant Resfool.

Rezilla will not copy sounds. It does does let me paste sounds, but it then makes something totally weird of it. i don't know what it is, but it is no sound, that is for sure.

EDIT: I was just wondering: is it very difficult or hard to make Graphicadjuster in such a way that it can handle snd resources?

I intend to attempt to make a new version of Graphic Adjuster this summer, and I'm hoping to add some kind of support for sounds. however, I'm not sure how well that would work, as the current structure of the program is not well suited to handling more than one type of resource, and I know nothing about sound data and formats. I will be giving it a try, though.

Yay for double posting.

Anyway, RedEdit failed me too, now. I didn't manage to copy any sound into RedEdit, while it did enable me to sound resources. Niemand, I hope you succeed, because I'm getting very, very agitated by all this.

Or can anybody spare me a copy of Resorcerer? Probably not, but you can always try and ask...

EDIT: *jumps up and down of excitement* I finally did it. Never mind this post.