Solbergs tower

Save it for the last encounter in the demo for that section and go in prepared. With hastes and waching that no one goes down it is possible and worth a little more experience. The downside is that you can't enter the tower until much later. Still if you register you won't have to fight them later.

When you get the message about being watched go to fight mode. Haste and bless your party, then advance one fighter to trigger the trap. This gives you a real chance.

It is totally possible, but make sure that you buff yourself completely before the encounter and stock up on healing elixirs. In the demo, your party can take a single lightning spray from the demons but your fighters cannot deal with a full bite and claw combo from them. I actually found that summoning distractions helped a lot. Do not forget about the slow spell either. It can be useful.

Quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:
When you get the message about being watched go to fight mode. Haste and bless your party, then advance one fighter to trigger the trap. This gives you a real chance.
One difference: Trigger the trap with whichever party member has the first move in combat, so not necessarily the fighter.

And Slow does nothing to demons. They almost always resist it until you've got level 3 and an ungodly mage.

My advice: come back when you've got level 3 Repel Spirit.

Quote:
I did it in Demo almost that way. Plus in fight mode before switching the trap I pressed "wait" for a round. That gives you two round moves when the fighting starts before enemy strikes back. Also I remembered the position of several Imps and placed my fighters as close as possible, so that they can involve demons in hand-to-hand fighting before they cast numerous lightnings and fireblasts. It IS possible to beat them in demo, skipping the fact that you'll have to die several times before you manage.

Edit: Typo.
P.S. See my underwriting to know what I think about coming back when your party gets Repel Spirit lvl 3. smile