that third empire army outpost by blackcrag fortress

Along with the room behind Sulfras there's also a room behind Erika in the center of her tower. No, there's no way into any of those places and nothing inside even if you can get there.

—Alorael, who wouldn't think too hard about the possible logic of those two statements.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally written by dr.b0mb:
all that stuff shows up on the maps, but why would anyone bother making an area that's impossible to get to?
First of all, why not? I'd do the same thing if I wrote a game, and you'd be cursing me because of it. wink

The unreachable areas in Erika's tower and Sulfras'lair are just distractions, I think.

I discovered that the empire outpost, however, has a more practical purpose: In A3, as in E3, you can have the soldiers there attack you for some quick experience and levels...provided you survive the encounter, of course. laugh

Quote:
Originally written by Nemesis:
I played the shareware version of the game for a long time. A really long time. Most of that was wandering around killing random monsters. By the time I got the game, it was almost too late to save any areas that I hadn't already saved.

I decided at that point that I didn't like time limits.
The same thing is true for me, though mainly with E3 instead of A3. However, by the time I finally got the full version, I knew just about everything there is to know about the demo portion, and could easily defeat both the slimes & the cockroaches by about day 20 or 30. The same will be true for A3 when I finally decide to buy it.

You can defeat the roaches and slimes in well under ten days. I'd be entirely unsurprised if some people don't even need five days. I, on the other hand, don't really like timers, so I shamelessly abuse the editor to alter the day.

—Alorael, who also shamelessly abuses the editor to see what Valorim looks like if a certain intrepid band of Unspecified Services go-getters spend a few years on an amazing fermented mushroom bender.