movement points

Yes you can. When training, you should invest points in either defense or hardiness. i think hardiness was the one for Avernum 1 2 and 3, and denfense the one for BoA. You can look at the description of the two skills, and see by which it says something about AP. Invest in that skill. Every two invested points will reduce encumbrance with 1 point, letting your Ap rise again from 3 to 4.

It's only in BoA, and it gives you a chance of extra AP. I've found Fast on Feet more reliable with any level of Quick Strike that I could reasonably get with my party.

—Alorael, who likes Fast on Feet a great deal. 2 attacks per round once in a while are very nice, and it makes the trick of waiting before kicking down the door even more effective.

On the other hand, Fast on Feet gives only 1 extra AP while Quick Strike gives 2. Furthermore, Fast on Feet uses up a trait slot, while Quick Strike just takes a bunch of skill points to meet the prerequisites. The AP bonuses are also cumulative, so you can always go for both.

Several posts on this topic inadvertently posted in another thread instead of this one, quoted here for your edification:

Quote:
UBl8

Blademaster

Member # 335

The difference between 5 AP and 6 AP and even 7 AP is usually negligible. It's the difference between 4 and 5 that really makes a difference.

Explode Thuryl Now

...b10010b...

Member # 869

Wrong topic, Alorael? [Razz]

Trrr's Mrtr

Trademark

Member # 4

And you're wrong to boot. 6 AP is very significant to magi.

And, believe this or not, 9 AP is available.

Explode Thuryl Now

...b10010b...

Member # 869

Perhaps we could keep this discussion to this topic where it belongs?

(Although, TM, I'm not entirely sure how a mage would get Quick Strike in the first place, considering the prerequisites. [Razz] )

NaNoWriMo

A Very Important Date

Member # 2984

A merge/split function would be very handy for moving posts between topics. [smile]

Jumpin' Salmon

½ Man, ½ Amazing

Member # 5755

In A2 I used Divine Warrior on my mage and managed to have 12 AP. Not sure how though, and it only lasted a couple of rounds before he was back to two spells, and then 1.

It was probably because I used the character editor to gawd the party. Yeah.

Explode Thuryl Now

...b10010b...

Member # 869

The reason for that is that Divine Warrior gives the Divine Aid status effect, which doubles your AP. But as I said, this belongs in the other topic. *points in the direction of my previous post*

Oops.

I ignore Quick Strike for mages because I've never gotten it for mages. I also don't give my mages Fast on Feet. While 6 AP is the critical amount for magic, it's not something I'm able to get without hasting.

—Alorael, who rarely wants to cast two spells in one round with one caster anyway. He's too stingy with his spell points, and by the time he has enough to go wild, the magic usually isn't necessary.