Lorn's questions

Posted (edited)

Okay I'm getting tasked to go see Eass. But I can't find him anywhere, The guy told me he is in the "mixing cave", but where is it?

I seem to remember that Akkat told me to go to Eass, but first go to Rhakkus.
When I go to Rhakkus I get a "go to Akkat".

Edit: Solved. I have to use the lever near, because it doesn't get opened on his own or via dialogues". 

Edited by Lorn

17 hours ago, Lorn said:

Okay Slariton.

By the way,

Hide contents

Rhakkus remade me. But I had no attribute change or any change at all. Intended?

None of the alterations in this game have mechanical effects. They just allow people other than Phariton to train you in the "new super spells/creations". 
How Phariton manages to bypass the "your body can't handle these energies" barrier, I'm not sure.

Got it. I had hoped to get a mini-version of the geneforge. But doesn't seem like it's not.

That could have been a cool twist for Takers - if you are so intended into destroying shapers and joining us, why don't you become one of us to prove your loyalty?

With Takers I would have loved to be able to transfer my conscience in the body of a drakon, given that they are way stronger than human and sturdier, and use the geneforge later.

1 hour ago, Lorn said:

Got it. I had hoped to get a mini-version of the geneforge. But doesn't seem like it's not.

That could have been a cool twist for Takers - if you are so intended into destroying shapers and joining us, why don't you become one of us to prove your loyalty?

With Takers I would have loved to be able to transfer my conscience in the body of a drakon, given that they are way stronger than human and sturdier, and use the geneforge later.

Takers do a lower version of what Tuldaric does. 

2 hours ago, Lorn said:

Do you mean that tuldaric actually improves stats, or that judging by the lore of the game he is better?

Sorry for not  being clear: 

You get the same "benefit" which is "you can now learn a few top-tier spells, that require you to have 6 in the requisite magic" from all. 

Lorewise, Tuldaric is the first to do it. The others are copying his work and in some cases asking you for his notes so that they COULD do it to you. 

I've found a second conduit shard in the pit of the bound.

I'm a barzite and I thought I could give it to someone.

But in the college, I can ask Fenen what's the room where did the summon go and what did it bring with himself but not if he needs another. To whom I should deliver the second crystal shard so I can get my barzite's charm? 

16 hours ago, Randomizer said:

In the Radiant College there's a guy selling crystals northwest of the center passage that will take it for a charm.

Thanks a lot. Found him, it's simply east to the main shaping hell in front of a table with all crystals.

The charm is really disappointing though.

For anyone wondering , you get:

+1 to healing craft
+10% to creation blessing curses

Better than nothing I guess :P

21 minutes ago, Lorn said:

Thanks a lot. Found him, it's simply east to the main shaping hell in front of a table with all crystals.

The charm is really disappointing though.

For anyone wondering , you get:

Reveal hidden contents

+1 to healing craft
+10% to creation blessing curses

Better than nothing I guess 😛

That's pretty good, IMO. 

Posted (edited)

1) where do I find the ink for Phariton? This quest is a nightmare.

Found it in the research warrens.

2) Also he wishes for an iron cauldron - I only found a Clay cauldron and a simple "cauldron". Where do I find an iron cauldron? Edit: the generic "cauldron" is enough.

As for the bellows, sucks that it seems I've only found one in the smithy of drypeak.

Edited by Lorn

20 hours ago, alhoon said:

There are iron cauldrons practically everywhere. Go to any settlement or place lots of people live and you will find cauldrons. Ink is where people keep records. 

Phariton should not be receiving items, he should be receiving your wrath. 

You can give him the stuff he wants and destroy him later if you think the rewards or XP are worth it. I try and do the quests for everybody before I join a faction in order to maximize my XP gain.

45 minutes ago, Genernumlover said:

You can give him the stuff he wants and destroy him later if you think the rewards or XP are worth it. I try and do the quests for everybody before I join a faction in order to maximize my XP gain.

I am generally the same but I was angry enough that I attacked him immediately. 

Thank you guys.

Question: I'm near Melathir and his huge Rothgorod. I disabled the power, and I get the "the creature is slowly going rogue". How can I turn the creature against Melathir? There are no leadership option.

11 minutes ago, Lorn said:

So, once you go hostile via dialogue against Melathir, the creation is supposed to turn on him? Because in my test he didn't. (I have leadership 7) 

I think you have to hit Melathir a few times and then he tries to control the creation and it attacks him.

K. I've got another question - I'm inside Benari power. I remember that the servant here could turn off guardian golems. My issue is that the power golems seems to be immortal (wounding them to 1 hp makes them regen). So, any way to reach the servant mind without having to face these?

14 minutes ago, Lorn said:

K. I've got another question - I'm inside Benari power. I remember that the servant here could turn off guardian golems. My issue is that the power golems seems to be immortal (wounding them to 1 hp makes them regen). So, any way to reach the servant mind without having to face these?

You have to dodge around corners when they are coming, hide, and sneak around. There is a trio of golems directly below the Servant Mind which you can outright destroy, as they are much weaker and don't pause to repair themselves. The catch is that power golems run into the room sometimes.

If you can enter from Benerii-Uss Holding, I think you can just run east to the mind while hiding from any power golems that come by.

Thanks. Did it.

another question: I killed the rotted avatar but I wasn't able to capture it into the rod. Does anyone know the reason? Or is it only for the rotting avatar that this is supposed to happen?

Also I found it odd that I've destroyed the two spirits near him, then went to him and they appeared once again and started spawning shade. What a bad ending.

Yeah, I discovered that it doesn't matter if you killed the spirits before - if you channel him into the baton, they respawn.

Randomizer, if you accept being remade by Tuldaric and the others, does it count as having used the canisters?

Also, I read you can get remade by Grimbeard in Outer Gaza uss. Can you get remade twice ? :P

I've got a question about canisters.

I had thought that the canister you would find around would give you a +1 and that +1 would be based on the current attribute level you have. I explain myself more clearly:

Leadership 1 = Costs 2

If you find a canister and use it, your +1 is valued as two points.

Leadership 10 = costs 6

If you find a canister and use it, your +1 is valued as six points.

But it seems like it's not like that and you simply get a +1 without the value cost for attributes actually rising when using a canister? So using the canister when your leadership value is 1 or leadership value is 10 actually grants you the same amount of "virtual" points.

Am I wrong?

And is it the same on geneforge: mutagen ? 

Training / canisters / other things that raise your traits permanently or temporarily, do not affect the cost to raise them. You can have 4 or 5 on an ability (I forget which one) and you still get it at cost 3 to raise, as if it was at 1. The cost to train increases only with the times you have trained. 

24 minutes ago, alhoon said:

Training / canisters / other things that raise your traits permanently or temporarily, do not affect the cost to raise them. You can have 4 or 5 on an ability (I forget which one) and you still get it at cost 3 to raise, as if it was at 1. The cost to train increases only with the times you have trained. 

The refined training and canister system has made things a lot more convenient compared to the original Geneforge 2.

OG1 training was uncapped -- remember you could max out Luck with Dig? -- and skill point costs were fixed, so there was not actually any way for canisters (or anything else) to affect it.

I have a vague memory of maxing out Parry during the OG2 tutorial so that the free point from Shanti would be worth the most skill points, so maybe that was a thing in OG2 after all.