+I really like the spiderweb games

lakegamer

Hello everyone! I wanted to stop by and say how much fun I have had playing these games!

I play them on my ipad, and there are a great escape. I have played Avernum 1 , 2 and a little of 3. Did not finish 2, will re start that. Played a lot of 1 and currently on a replay of it. .

Then in Avadon I have played 1, 2, and some 3. Now here I finished 1 and 2! That is a big deal for me, I usually get stuck near the end.

I have also played Queens wish 1, and finished that as well, yea!

Now Genforce I got stuck deep in the game, but it was a lot of fun.

I am thinking of starting Queens wish 2 or to try to do crystal souls 2 again, or finish Avadon 3. That crazy red beard.

What is everyone fav game?  Avernum 1 for me and Avadon 2. The waste on Avadon 2 was very neat and the whole land of avernum 1 was amazing.

It's hard for me to pick a favorite game, but I generally like different things about each game.

Avernum has my favorite overworld (or should that be underworld?) exploration.

My favorite story is Geneforge 2, although Queen's Wish 2 is pretty close

Geneforge Mutagen has my favorite gameplay, although I suspect that will be beaten by Geneforge 2 Infestation :)

Queen's Wish 1 has the most memorable dungeons (The Lovely Tree is excellent)

The only Spiderweb game I've played that doesn't stick out that much is the Avadon series. I don't think it was bad, exactly, but it's not as memorable as the other series for me.

• 1 month later...

I'm sure the Geneforge 2 remake will be my favourite. Until then it's a tie, Mutagen v/s Geneforge 5. I can't decide

Avernum 3's great (not as good as Geneforge of course 😛). I just couldn't get into the 2nd trilogy Avernum 4+ mainly because I couldn't get past the 'stiffness' of the characters' walking / movement animation. That was especially off-putting after having seen the same character models walk smoothly in the Geneforge games. This didn't matter in the 1st trilogy BTW, since the characters were so tiny anyway. And Blades was great too

Nethergate seemed prmoising but only played a bit. Maybe some day

Exile I'll sadly never try. I'd have enjoyed it if I'd been in the right place with the right PC at around the time it was released