Mines

Craig234

There are some mines you can disarm with mechanical skill. But it appears others that you can't. Not sure how to deal with them.

Once, they just didn't go off. That was odd. They had on a previous play, and they did when I restored a save, but one time they didn't.

The only approach I'm seeing currently is set off a mine, take a lot of damage, go back to town and heal, repeat. That seems sketchy.

Without spoilers much, any ideas?

There are 4 types of mines

Color-coded: The game will usually mention if a mine has a tip with a certain color. Those can be disarmed using a spore baton of the same color.

Switch-activated: Some mines, like in the Hill of Jars, can be disabled with a switch and enough mechanics skill.

Crystal mines: Some mines (like in Ancient Crypt) are near a big yellow crystal and will be disarmed if you activate the crystal near them and have enough mechanics

Screw you mines: Some mines can't be disabled. You can often still survive them with high magic resist and/or essence shield.

I noticed mines reset when I leave the zone. This makes it harder, that if I take damage from them, I have to activate the mines again when I go back.

I'm getting to a point in the game I'm starting to get a bit stuck. The bridges, and a couple areas too hard to do.

Edited by Craig234

It depends upon difficulty level and build. It's borderline for normal difficulty and add two levels for higher difficulties is a good rule for most areas.

If you are careful, there are places where you can move your party to avoid the hostile creations. The scorpions can be avoided by going south through the locked room and coming out the other side when they are patrolling to the right on the screen.

You will still have a hard fight at the end. Having high leadership can help there. I mean this is an area that a pacifist can get through. (If you ae lucky)

Ya, I'm hitting a bit of a wall, where the only places to go are the bridges where I can't talk to Sholai, Ascended labs, and Dry Wastes. All kind of too hard (I haven't tried killing the Sholai). I'm close to level 8, at least, not sure where to put points next (stealth is 0).

Edited by Craig234