How is a fort dedicated to knowledge?

Snowwhite

When you have the resources and I. fort that hasn't been dedicated, click on the build menu icon at the bottom left. Below the shops there is an Upgrade Fort. After clicking on that and exiting the menu when you move there is a screen that pops up giving you three choices to dedicate that fort: knowledge, industry, or Ro.

Dedication will give you a bonus and in the Tower of Erudico you get different options for crafting at the anvil.

Thank you.  I will give it a bash.  Missed that screen entirely.

I want the bonus for the crafting options.  The major issue I am having with the game is that I do not have enough energy to completely finish a lot of the battles.  Very frustrating for me.  I am not good at this, just enthusiastic - which with this game is not quite enough I reckon.  Even turned the difficulty down to easy.

If you get at least 2 dedicated forts for knowledge and enough apothecaries you can make unlimited energy potions. That helps with having enough energy for some dungeons where you can't leave.

For torment difficulty I went with power potions and that made a bigger difference. No more running out of energy in the final battle.

Thank you.  I now have 2 dedicated forts (helps when you know how - thanks for that) and enough apothecaries to have them offer an energy potion - but I have no empty flasks and they won't replace a full potion with an energy one.  Then I went to the erudico tower where I was able to buy energy potion knowledge.  Still don't have an energy potion and no idea how to use my new energy potion knowledge.  

It took leaving the game some time and return and I now have the energy potion.  The mechanics did not feel all that natural to me.  but it worked in the end.

Edited by Snowwhite

On 9/25/2022 at 11:56 PM, Randomizer said:

If you get at least 2 dedicated forts for knowledge and enough apothecaries you can make unlimited energy potions. That helps with having enough energy for some dungeons where you can't leave.

I thought you only needed 1 fort dedicated to knowledge for energy potions, with 2 giving instead/also the brute flask and burning sphere? (This is from your "QW2 - Advice for Playing" topic, but I could be misreading.) If this isn't the case, this will change my plan for a 3/3/1 Ro/Industry/Knowledge dedication balance for the 7 forts.