Soft caps for stats?

Maybe this belongs in the general strategy thread but I'm not seeing it.  First time playing spiderweb games so still trying to figure out Jeff's way of doing things.  I've noticed with my squishy shaper squad (level 14) that having healing craft above 4 seems pointless because I'm always healing for more than my max hp (or my creations.)  Are there other stats that basically aren't worth bringing up beyond a certain value?  I realize this might be somewhat based on build, but wondered if some stats cap have limited returns at a certain point.

Mental magic, blessing magic, and healing craft all need only 3 to be able to cast alll of them. Having more increases the duration or amount done as you noticed for healing craft, Battle magic needs 3 to use all the spells and beyond increases damage bonus.

Melee and missile weapon skills need 8 to use the best weapons and beyond that increase the damage bonus,

Shaping crafts increases the creations starting level so having more than the minimum needed makes them more powerful so they can hit better and do more damage,

1 hour ago, Randomizer said:

Shaping crafts increases the creations starting level so having more than the minimum needed makes them more powerful so they can hit better and do more damage,

And as importantly for a Shaper: it increases control! 

I have found out, I kid you not, that it helps to put a point in a "secondary" shaping skill here or there to buy up control. For each level the creations get, their control becomes harder by 2. For each point in every shaping skill you have, your control increases by one. 

So, if you have fire shaping 9 and battle shaping 1 and magic shaping 1, then you are in trouble from your own creations. Considering we get 10 skill points, investing 2-3 skill points every couple of levels to increase control certainly helps. 

I go "Fire Shaping main" but I keep a Vlish for casting blessing stuff. I have found enough vlish canisters to make the Vlish not-suck-too-badly compared to my other creations. 
Thus, I have invested a couple of points in magic Shaping and I have found a cannister that improved magic Shaping somewhere (or Sarcophagus, I don't remember). 

Edited by alhoon