A spot I can't reach in BOE ASR

Rabbits

That might be the spot where you cross over from the north side of the river. There are a few river crossings possible in the game that are marked with rocks in the river or you just have to try crossing until you find them.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Along with anything else people tell you that you need. :)

Edit - I don't have the game available to easily check.

There do not seem to be any boats for sale along that river, nor is the spell Flight available. There is no ford there, and the trees are impassible too. It looks like Jeff Vogel placed that special encounter there to reward players who enter the scenario already knowing the Flight spell. There's another encounter in the text dump I did, describing a mage who died flying over a mountain. It may just be that Jeff wanted to include little things to encourage players to take their parties between scenarios.

55 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

You don't pick up Fly spell in either of those scenarios. I'm pretty sure there should be a way to reach the spot.

Reread what I said. There is no way to reach that spot without flight, but not every BoE party has to start with VoDT and then proceed to ASR. One can play At The Gallows first and then come back with Flight, overleveled and overpowered, to ASR, for example. BoE was designed this way on purpose, so it makes sense for its creator to add details like this. Scour the scenario file if you don't believe me.

Jeff pretty much made the original scenarios so you could do almost everything if you made your party a certain way for that situation. Even the dragon in VoDT in the south is killable if you are the right level when you fight it instead of doing the peaceful route.

You shouldn't need to a scenario beyond those to reach a spot in them. That's why I'm sure there was a way to reach the spot without getting a spell not in them.

It was a drake, not a dragon.

Go ahead and check the ASR scenario file. The trees snd river are impassible. The only boats along that river are the two in Selathni on the bay which are not for sale. There is another encounter where you loot the corpse of a mage who died during flight. Jeff never said that about his intent while designing the scenarios. Please perform your own investigation if you don't want to take my word.