Valley of Dead Things stone

Into-Exile

Quote:
Originally written by IntoExile:
My character who was holding it died so now it's lost.
In outdoor combat, I'm assuming? Why didn't you just have another character pick it up?

Also, I believe there are three opening stones available, so you may be able to find another one. I think you can buy one from some kobolds east of the magery school... and you may be able to get one in Muck... and there's the one in the first town whose name I forget.

Quote:
Originally written by Celtic Minstrel:
and you may be able to get one in Muck...
Dude, don't trip. Muck's in ASR. :p

This is an excerpt from TrueSite for Blades , a website created and run by our very own Jewels/Gizmo (you should check it out, by the way; very helpful):

Quote:
To enter the school, you need to find a black opening stone. There are three that can be found. North of the school (to the northeast), you can find a group of kobolds wandering around. If you speak with them, you can pay to get a stone. There is a beggar named Kharl in the center of Sweetgrove. If you speak with him, you can pay for an opening stone.

Finally, Axel suggests you should speak with someone named Avizo. He is in Fort Talrus, in the room next to where you started. After Axel tells you about Avizo, Avizo will tell you where his opening stone is. Avizo’s store is in the center of town. Break in and search the potted plant in the back room.
(There you go, Jewels. Save you the trouble.)

Quote:
Originally written by Gavin:
Quote:
Originally written by Celtic Minstrel:
and you may be able to get one in Muck...
Dude, don't trip. Muck's in ASR. :p
Oops. The swamp town, anyway – whatever it's called.

Of course, your post suggests that I was incorrect. On second thoughts, I think that town had a person who will buy the spare opening stones, if you have more than one.