Geneforge 4 Forgotten One

It's weird because in G4, Greta and Alwan both reference the "Third Shaper" that was traveling with them in the Ashen Isle and if Shaper Monarch was indeed the protagonist in G3, wouldn't Greta want to save Monarch instead of murdering him? Anyways I haven't finished G3 (sorry) so I'm not sure what happened to the third shaper (you) at the end of the game, but I'll assume that he disappeared or something during the rebellion and died sometime during that time period. The Forgotten One gives off some "I have regrets" vibe because I believe when you kill him, he says something along the lines of, "Free at last.." Don't quote me though. If the Forgotten One is indeed the G3 protagonist, it would make sense because the third shaper couldn't prevent/change the rebellion and maintain peace. If someone wants to explain the endings of G3, it would be super nice because I might understand G4's storyline better. Please feel free to critique me and correct me on anything I have wrong. Thank you for reading this.

Edited by Vinlie

Well, the developer doesn't know what happened to every player's character so the canon path is that he's not mentioned aside of the references to the "3rd Shaper".

I also think that the canonical approach lends from the finale of the previous games but doesn't choose one of them completely. So, what happened in GF3 Rebel ending is not necessarily what happened canonically.

GF4 storyline as far as GF3 goes is what they tell you: The Rebellion started and won in the Ashen Isles, there was an attack at Greenwood Academy by Litalia and Greta, Alwan and a 3rd Shaper escaped. Greta joined the nice mass murderer lady that killed her friends, colleagues and teachers and filled the island with monsters.

The who and what and how are considered "details".

I wish you could actually find out exactly what happened to the third shaper. I'm totally cool that they kept what happened to the third shaper because it gives him/her an aura of mystery, but it would've been also cool to find out what happened to him/her.

• 2 weeks later...

As we have nothing better to do, we have made a number of threads with various theories on the fates/origins of characters (primarily the Geneforge 5 protagonist, for obvious reasons). If you're interested in them, there is a reasonable amount of vaguely coherent conspiracizing theorizing and in-depth lore assessment. I've made a couple threads on Geneforge lore / the first game's protagonist, so if you're interested, there are those too. However, as Lilith says, the general view tends toward Monarch being the Geneforge 3 player.