I seem to be taking too long to solve the plagues. Since I've had experience with the other games in the series, I decided to play in hard mode.  Maybe that wasn't such a good idea. The town of Colchis was destroyed. I'm not sure if that would normally happen or if it's because I went to the Isle of Bigail before I discovered Krizsan. 

I believe part of my problem is that I stole a book from Ernest and he sent me to "hell" for my crime. :/ Since I haven't been able to survive that battle, I've been doing lots of running back and forth. Now that I've reached level 13 and gained a few extra spells, I think I might be able to handle it.

How many days should I have spent to eradicate the slime plague?  It's day 38, and I've finished with the slimes. I'm working on the cockroach plague now. Any suggestions about where I should go after I finish with the cockroaches? I'm so accustomed to taking my time in the Avernum games, and I probably do things differently than other players because I feel that I have to explore quite a bit in one area of the map before moving on. I'd probably feel like a failure if anything else is destroyed or innocent people die due to my taking too long.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Colchis is destroyed on day 1 according to players in the previous version. Nothing can be done to save it.

After the cockroaches you get directed to Sharamik and their Troglodyte pest control problem. Just keep talking to major town leaders for information about where to go next.

Things go faster as you gain levels so don't worry about it.

2 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

Colchis is destroyed on day 1 according to players in the previous version. Nothing can be done to save it.

After the cockroaches you get directed to Sharamik and their Troglodyte pest control problem. Just keep talking to major town leaders for information about where to go next.

Things go faster as you gain levels so don't worry about it.

Okay, thank you! I feel better now. Before I posted, I was worried about having to start over.

Anaximander has just given me the quest to investigate the New Formello murders. I wasn't sure if I needed to go there now or if I could finish dealing with the roach plague first. ???